Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 12:41 PM

Laundry Powder Grr ...!

Any good ideas on how to store the stuff so it does not go solid? No matter where I put it or how careful I am with it - I still lose about a quarter of each box because it sets like concrete. Have tried decanting it into a large tupperware type box - even put it into a stainless steel drum - both of which claimed to be air tight - still it sets hard!!

Have even resorted to bashing the entrails with a very large hammer - which rids me of my stress - but doesn't really solve the problem!

Any practical suggestions would be welcome.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 12:51 PM

Re: Laundry Powder Grr ...!

Use laundry pods? The top of the box is a bugger to unclip, mind you...! But once done, its easy enough to store and they don't get wet. Or soapnuts? I used them now and then, they are very good.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 12:53 PM

I have same problem...ended up using Ariel pods ST....they are pretty good.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 01:15 PM

Use liquid detergent and if necessary Calgol for hard water such as we have where we live. Sorted. Lower wash temperature thus saving energy too. Quite a lot actually.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 01:22 PM

Ecover washing powder doesn't tend to cake. I decant some into a clip top tupperware type box. But the rest never cakes. It's kept in the cupboard under the stairs.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I have same problem...ended up using Ariel pods ST....they are pretty good.
I tried pods and they all get stuck together.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 01:28 PM

Tabbs, have you tried using the silica gel packets that comes in shoe boxes, handbags, other packaging? Instead of tossing them, I reuse them. They may absorb the moisture from your container of detergent. Just be careful not to get them in your scoop when using them.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

12-07-2021, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
Tabbs, have you tried using the silica gel packets that comes in shoe boxes, handbags, other packaging? Instead of tossing them, I reuse them. They may absorb the moisture from your container of detergent. Just be careful not to get them in your scoop when using them.
Good tip!

It's funny when the packets say "do not eat". I'm always tempted to eat them when I read that.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Use liquid detergent and if necessary Calgol for hard water such as we have where we live. Sorted. Lower wash temperature thus saving energy too. Quite a lot actually.
Fort your energy was for free Todgy,( heat pumps a all that) ??
Li quid soap does seem to be the way to go though !!

Donkeyman! 👍👍
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 01:37 PM

Tabs, I haven't used powder for years.
I use the ECover non-bio washing liquid, fabric conditioner and wool wash liquid. No problems at all.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top