Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 10:31 AM

Decluttering your house.

Mine was in desperate need and I thought I was a minimalist,😮

How about you does your house need decluttering?

Are you able to let things go?

Most of what I got rid of, my neighbour took it all, I found it incredibly easy letting it all go.

Plus it makes cleaning so much easier, very little to move,
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

26-07-2021, 10:41 AM

Re: Decluttering your house.

My flat's not too bad at the moment. I usually stuff everything into the cupboards until they're full, then I declutter every few years.

It depends on what the items are before I throw them out. I still have some items such as computers, from over 20-odd years ago.

It's my garden that needs decluttering more than anything else right now!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->
My flat's not too bad at the moment. I usually stuff everything into the cupboards until they're full, then I declutter every few years.

It depends on what the items are before I throw them out. I still have some items such as computers, from over 20-odd years ago.

It's my garden that needs decluttering more than anything else right now!

I just got it into my head to get rid of so much materialistic stuff, I just don’t need it, so my neighbour ,Rita, was thrilled to bits with it all, this is the dear lady who dropped her false teeth, under her bed, she has a huge family, her daughter took a lot of it, plus her son,...I gave her a bundle of clothes as well, they are on her bed in the spare room waiting for her sisters to arrive ,to go through them.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->

Most of what I got rid of, my neighbour took it all, I found it incredibly easy letting it all go.
The last time I moved house, I had to hire a skip for all the stuff I couldn't take with me. It broke my heart to get rid of half the stuff I put in it. The thing is, once it had gone, I just forgot about it.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

26-07-2021, 10:48 AM

I only had a small amount of stuff in the loft to get rid of, the rest is my sons, he won’t admit to it, but he is definitely a hoarder...
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 10:54 AM

We border upon minimalism ................ until it comes to the craft room or the garage.

Well, "stuff" has gotta go somewhere.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

26-07-2021, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
We border upon minimalism ................ until it comes to the craft room or the garage.

Well, "stuff" has gotta go somewhere.

I think there is always one room or in your case 2 ,although not sure you would class the garage as a room,

Mine is the loft, which is now full of my sons stuff...

When I take my dog for a walk, some garage doors are open on my travels, crikey!!...😮.. in many cases the garage is full up with stuff, the car is parked outside, as no room in the garage....talk about a real dumping ground in some cases, they have more in their garage, than I have in my entire home.
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

26-07-2021, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
The last time I moved house, I had to hire a skip for all the stuff I couldn't take with me. It broke my heart to get rid of half the stuff I put in it. The thing is, once it had gone, I just forgot about it.
I know exactly how this feels. We left so much stuff behind in Australia that it really was upsetting. The Mrs was actually in tears! But like you say, it really didn't take that long to get over it!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 11:01 AM

My house is packed full, I am a hoarder.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

26-07-2021, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
My house is packed full, I am a hoarder.

At least you recognise it Tiff.

My son doesn’t, his loft is full up in his own house, plus half of my loft is full up with his stuff...he’s got everything from his childhood here and he won’t part with it, biker mice, street shark, where’s wally books, a bike, pellet guns, plus miscellaneous stuff that he picked up from car boot sales, oh and a huge box full of leads...😮😮

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top