Join for free
Page 8 of 12 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 05:23 PM

Re: What are you baking today?

I don't roll my scones,Aysa,I pat them,to about an inch and a half,make a circle then use a pastry cutter,job done,brush tops with egg,if making cheese ones,I put a sprinkling of cheese on top,takes about ten minutes in the oven.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 05:25 PM

I am going to make a sausage and egg pie tomorrow,with short crust pastry.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Those tarts look divine,Meg,did you use short crust pastry and did you cook them in muffin tins?
Hi Pauline yes thin short crust and little bun tins not muffin tins
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

29-01-2019, 02:35 PM

Sorry Aysa,I have got the measurements wrong,I meant 3 cm,

Thanks Meg,I will make some and freeze them.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 07:10 PM

My new oven and hob are being delivered Thursday and it depends when the electrician I have chosen for the hard wiring can call round to install both for me.

Then, I look forward to doing much, much more cooking than I have done, seeing as I only have the table top oven and a stand alone hob, for now. Been without the oven for a number of years. The mini oven is useless at cooking batter/Yorkshire pudding, for instance. So more yorkies, more toad in the holes. I could do bread. I could do tarts, pies, cakes. Oh I can’t wait.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2019, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
My new oven and hob are being delivered Thursday and it depends when the electrician I have chosen for the hard wiring can call round to install both for me.

Then, I look forward to doing much, much more cooking than I have done, seeing as I only have the table top oven and a stand alone hob, for now. Been without the oven for a number of years. The mini oven is useless at cooking batter/Yorkshire pudding, for instance. So more yorkies, more toad in the holes. I could do bread. I could do tarts, pies, cakes. Oh I can’t wait.

Will get me train ticket and come and see you when the cookers are installed. Will bring me plate, knife & fork too Jan darlin'
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2019, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Will get me train ticket and come and see you when the cookers are installed. Will bring me plate, knife & fork too Jan darlin'
Oh I know you are quite capable of cooking terrific meals for yourself, UJ! it’s a wonder we don’t all head down to yours.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2019, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Oh I know you are quite capable of cooking terrific meals for yourself, UJ! it’s a wonder we don’t all head down to yours.

Have large cauldron of stew I made yesterday - there wasn't room for dumplings, but after I ate some yesterday - have now made some suet dumplings which I will cook as the stew reheats for lunchtime today.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

15-02-2019, 11:33 AM

I have baked this sponge,it doesn't have any butter in it,...I must say I prefer it,as it is much lighter!.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	8739  
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 11:36 AM

Apple and rubarb crumble .

Page 8 of 12 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top