Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2012, 09:30 AM

Re: absolutely fuming

I would gladly like to sit on my ass for £18 an hour doing any job that sort of money equates to £37,440 a yea... the most i have ever earnt is £24,100 a year ....i am now expected to live in a wage of £12,600 a year do HARD work .....if people were paid on energy expended i think all "suites" would find out what work is as the whole employment wage system would be reversed .....
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2012, 09:38 AM

[QUOTE=Aerolor;192442]Perhaps your wife should have applied for the job regardless UKmartian and then she probably would have not lost her JSA. It is hard these days for the genuine person who wants to work and I hope your situation doesn't go on for too long.

My wife DID what she was told and contacted the company ..it was a "care" position and it was a short Telephone interview so there where no records ....my wife has experience as a home carer for elderly .....this job was for a carer for mentally handicapped adolescence's ...my wife is 5ft tall 8 stone ...can you see her handling a 12 stone adolescent if things go wrong ...they also requested that the applicants should have previous experience in that environment....my wife did not have the experience required or the physical attributes ...thus the company would not give her a application form And kept no records of her 'application' so she was guilty as she couldn't prove her innocence
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2012, 09:51 AM

Always put any applications in writing UKmartian (and keep a copy) - a simple letter expressing interest, enclosing a CV and asking for an application form is enough evidence I would think.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk

25-05-2012, 10:04 AM

She was given a telephone number and a name and a job description of CARER....it was organised through the job centre when she phoned up she had a short telephone interview she was even asked WHY she was applying as she didnt have the relevent experience ..that is as far as it went ..there was no written app form and the company didn't even record the call as probably taken by a agent with a script ....but the Job centre were adamant she didn't apply....It is just a way to sanction people
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2012, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
£18 an hour is hardly a lot of money!
I'm sure there are many people in the real world who would gladly accept £18 an hour rather than nothing at all.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2012, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
£18 an hour is hardly a lot of money!
Yet another provocative post from Willow How much more do we have to put up with
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2012, 12:09 PM

To me, £18 per hour is a fortune! I don't blame you for being angry Steve. I've been down the Jobseekers route myself when I left work ill and my sick-pay ran out. Goodness, big burly security men on the door, frisked for knives when you go in, I felt ashamed. It can be a very daunting and frightening experience going in there when you are our age.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk

25-05-2012, 12:19 PM

i would love to earn that sort of money....but I don't think i am the only one with a conscience, they are always asking for debt collectors on the job boards ...i would not do that out of principal....
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2012, 01:36 PM

18 pounds is a lot my daughters who are nurses do not make that mutch
25 bucks a hour 15 pounds over here
tie we emagrated back to the uk
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2012, 06:21 PM

I would apply for that job if I was in your position .. principles don't fetch the bacon home.

I think Willow's post shows a person with no empathy to others.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top