Join for free
Page 323 of 1676 « First < 223 273 313 321 322 323 324 325 333 373 423 823 1323 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 04:01 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

great to see you in full form again Pugs - we thought you'd lost your roar for a moment! back you bounce with a reproaring tale of what was it a boiler? if ya boiler won't boil well were does that leave ya. I do have an outdoor very ancient boiler [hang on a mo I'll see if I can find a name it}

here we are Rheem master electrical hot water heater - never lets us down!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 12:30 PM

You know Chaps, when I was Nineteen years old I went out with a Fifty year old Woman, who got through 80 cigarettes a day, I still have fond memories of being on top of Old Smokey.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 01:34 PM

......and did you give her a tip,spitty? [fnur,fnur]
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 03:17 PM

a stern telling off for foul breath and tobacco smelling clothes unless you smoked the same amount - talk about sittin atop a wheezin whistle blowin mama - god you paint a gruesome pic there spittie unless it just " gruesome and gruesome and gruesome some more"
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Am I alone, in not wanting to venture into pastures new, until questions have been answered, in this Field of Speciality, at least Greta wanted to be alone.
Greta was a spy for the Joseph McCarthy commission, a supergrass, when they asked would she grass she actually smiled and said 'I want to be a lawn'
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 07:31 PM

I was always interested in the old parables of the Bible, my favourite being the prodigal son.
Seems to me nobody has bothered to pen anymore parables since the Bible was first put together, I though king James might have bothered to add one or two that time he decided to rewrite it to suit himself, but no, n’er a sign of a new parable. I therefore take it upon myself to rectify this omission and add my own modern parable, far be it for me to attempt to interfere with God’s book so I’ll just have to settle it on you lot of miserable sinners.
A young man (26) was going to work one Monday morning, he had a sever hangover and he did not look the picture of work as they say, he had a very boring job in a ball bearing factory counting out different sizes ball bearings and putting them into the appropriate boxes for shipping out, he had been doing the same job for ten years now and his eyes were keen and sharp, no bearing ever went astray under his Gimlet eye.
Suddenly there was a flash and God appeared to him at the factory gate, the Lord explained to him that he was there to offer him a choice, he could continue to live forever, but only if he stayed working at the same job, or God could make him a very wealthy man, but he would die on his 50th birthday. What was it to be? asked the Lord, and he must make up his mind now as he was in a hurry to get back to heaven, he had forgotten he had left an egg on the pan (God has to have breakfast too you know).
The young man had no hesitation in choosing the wealth, better to live as a free rich man for a good few years than live forever as a slave. The lesson of the story is simple, money rules every time and life is cheap, that’s the way it alway was and always will be.
When the man died and went to heaven God complimented him on his decision and let him sit at the left toe of St. Peter, a great honour indeed.
All rise now for hymn number 43, “He who wisdom knows”
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 08:53 PM

...and the Lord,upon his return to Heaven dids't say "Bollocks-I burned my egg!" and yea it was thus that the yolk dids't be upon that young man. So he did rise in ire and did award himself a doctorate he invented on the spot,then put many to work for small wage and little esteem,for great was his anger. And that man-called-doc dids't finally own a machine built by man,but inspired by the Lord...and as such, he dids't name it 'Apple',in recall of the events of Eden. At which time a great flood dids't start due to the Lord deciding the Earth did stink and was in need of cleansing...so that young man watched animals marching in pairs...and dids't wonder how to remain dry in such testing times-and lo,the Apple Mac did come into being. And the Lord looked down and did think "WTF?" and sent messengers from Heaven to question the young man. And the messengers dids't speak unto the young man and dids't say "What's up,doc?"and again,lo! For that young man standing tits-deep in floods as he heard those Heavenly messengers speak,dids't have a brainwave and dids't become the great and founding Father of WhatsApp! ...and the Lord did look upon him and did say unto the Angels "Why do I fukkin' bother!" and dids't get back into his TARDIS and travel to the Dark Side Of The Moon,where he dids't write a parable, which he set to music and the Lord dids't name that parable "The Great Gig in the Sky".
And lo [again] this all doth be TOTALLY true. Honest... Amen.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 10:18 PM

It's a good job, this thread is full of Daisy Chains and Laughs.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

18-10-2017, 10:38 PM

where ? where? I love daisy chains and haven't had a good laugh for ages and ages and what's that echoing sound in my ears?

well here's a laugh for the day or the week or it could last for months

Quebec bans niqab for public services with neutrality law

they are going to ban the niqab in public servants and in those seeking public services

full story at:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41669614

oh this should be a good show to watch for weeks and even months - another great biblical fight off between the two sons of Abraham - did you know that old father Abraham venerated by the Jews actually spawned two nations??

yes you guessed it right give that man a fat lady and a sherbet fizz -

he first had sex with his wifes maid which produced the arab nation and then had sex with his wife - and produced the Jewish nation and never the twain will meet and the poor christians got caught in the middle. it's all there in the great book of Genesis - roll roll up selling like hot cakes at the moment - get ya grubby paws off of that until ya hand over ya £
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

18-10-2017, 10:54 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhNt7S9jY-Q

Way to go.

Page 323 of 1676 « First < 223 273 313 321 322 323 324 325 333 373 423 823 1323 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top