Join for free
Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2016, 10:40 PM

Re: Thread subscriptions update

Well I for one am glad that Azz has restored e-mail notification, thanks Azz.
Unlike Rachel points out, my eyes are not squinting at this screen for 24 hours.
Because the forum is so exciting it would be easy to forget that I have a life doing other things - although Mrs Fox reminds me on a regular basis. So receiving e-mails speeds up the process of following subscribed topics and also reading other e-mails from friends that might otherwise be missed had I not checked my inbox. I don't always have time to peruse the site for interesting topics, but at least I can reply to any comments that might have appeared on subscribed threads that need a response.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2016, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by oldgreyfox ->
well i for one am glad that azz has restored e-mail notification, thanks azz.
Unlike rachel points out, my eyes are not squinting at this screen for 24 hours.
Because the forum is so exciting it would be easy to forget that i have a life doing other things - although mrs fox reminds me on a regular basis. So receiving e-mails speeds up the process of following subscribed topics and also reading other e-mails from friends that might otherwise be missed had i not checked my inbox. I don't always have time to peruse the site for interesting topics, but at least i can reply to any comments that might have appeared on subscribed threads that need a response.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2016, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
I can't see the sense of email notifications at all...
I like them. I assumed a thread I posted in several days ago had died because I never got a notification about new posts. So, out of curiosity, I came onto the site today to see what was going on, only to discover email notifications had been disabled. How unfortunate. I relied on those to 'remind' me of which threads I posted in. I mean, it's not like we're spring chickens here and can remember anything

I'm glad they're at least giving us an option.

Originally Posted by JBR ->
If you two don't like the idea of e-mail notifications, turn them off!

Some of us appreciate them.
I know I do.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2016, 12:58 PM

And I have a question, as I'm a little confused about something... to subscribe to a thread, do we simply post in it like it was before? Or do we have to manually subscribe to a thread we want to receive email notifications for?

The reason I ask is because, although I show myself being subscribed to this thread, in my control panel there's nothing, it's blank.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2016, 01:16 PM

You have to click on 'thread tools' at the top of the thread and click on 'subscribe' and then it will appear (as if by magic!) when you go to your control panel
Linda0818
USA

29-04-2016, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
You have to click on 'thread tools' at the top of the thread and click on 'subscribe' and then it will appear (as if by magic!) when you go to your control panel
Thank you
Linda0818
USA

29-04-2016, 08:10 PM

Okay, well, that doesn't work either; the threads I'm subscribed to don't show in my user panel. And I have my settings marked to receive emails, but I'm not getting them.

This is rather disappointing. I'll forget where I've posted if I don't get the email notifications like I used to. It's all messed up now
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2016, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
Okay, well, that doesn't work either; the threads I'm subscribed to don't show in my user panel. And I have my settings marked to receive emails, but I'm not getting them.

This is rather disappointing. I'll forget where I've posted if I don't get the email notifications like I used to. It's all messed up now
Linda When you marked your settings to receive emails, did you remember to scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on SAVE CHANGES?
Linda0818
USA

29-04-2016, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Linda When you marked your settings to receive emails, did you remember to scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on SAVE CHANGES?
Well, that's just it, Mags, everything was already marked to receive emails, I never unchecked any of that stuff. Should I uncheck everything and save, then check everything and save again?

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2016, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
Well, that's just it, Mags, everything was already marked to receive emails, I never unchecked any of that stuff. Should I uncheck everything and save, then check everything and save again?

If you make any alterations Linda, always make sure you click Save Changes. It might be a good idea to go through it again just in case you missed it last time

Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top