Join for free
Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2019, 03:13 PM

Re: EU to Enforce Hard Border or KICK DUBLIN OUT of Single Market!

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Wasn't one of the points of brexit security borders to control immigration. So the UK wants a security border in ireland, EU rules require a tax border with third party countries. The GFA prevents both..
The border in Ireland was a security border. The whole of Ireland is not in the Schengen area but from north to south there is free movement of people because of the common travel area (1923 I believe)

The border the EU want is a hard customs border - which doesn't make much sense (because, for example, the customs union never stopped smuggling). Lorries are not inspected at borders anyway (there are lorries from outside the EU travelling through Calias for example) but these are not all inspected on the borders. Only about 1% (if that) and these inspections are based on "tip offs" mainly about illegal smuggling. Its not done to inspect goods for standards (such as the correct wattage on vacuum cleaners). Industries have QA and QC departments that do this.

For animals, this is also holds true - for example, the inspections at Rotterdam are done 25 miles away from the border (as another example).

The GFA insists on no hard border but the EU insisting on a customs (hard border) directly threatens the GFA - it's a cheap shot.

So you can see, the GFA and the EU have nothing to do with each other, only that the EU is trying to use it to threaten the peace process to either keep us in the EU, or annex Northern Ireland from the UK by having a sea border between our countries
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2019, 06:17 PM

I remember years ago before schengen and trucks ( freight ) travelled throughout Europe long before the EU and it worked under a CMR agreement .
This was basically freight was declared at source and placed on the CMR sheet .. the driver then headed across Europe and at each border there was what I’d describe as something like a huge lay-by come service area , trucks would pull off into them and be inspected although in reality all that happened was the CMR form was stamped then go on their way to rejoin traffic and ordinary cars didn’t even realise they had crossed the border .
Trucks never thought stuff stopping il go straight through as come delivery the first thing the customer wanted to see was the STAMPED CMR FORM .

Now that would work in Ireland but the Irish problem is being used simply as an excuse to cancel brexit , a reason to stay that the government can say it’s not our fault and so sorry to have to cancel brexit ..
The other side of course is even if you built a border in Ireland ( let’s face it you can’t hold 68,000,000 people to ransom over a few paddy’s in balaclavas ) I suggest today modern survellience techniques keeping isis at bay daily would soon find and intercept a few IRA wannabes in an instant truth be known so it’s all just a smoke screen to keep brexit dead dead dead

Or are the government saying we can’t have a border as terrorism has won ??? That’s what the press will say one day soon as after brexit is cancelled and dust settles apart from a turkey shoot at next election I think ‘the irish’ will Get some hammer as well as it’s all their bloody fault !!!!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2019, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
I remember years ago before schengen and trucks ( freight ) travelled throughout Europe long before the EU and it worked under a CMR agreement .
This was basically freight was declared at source and placed on the CMR sheet .. the driver then headed across Europe and at each border there was what I’d describe as something like a huge lay-by come service area , trucks would pull off into them and be inspected although in reality all that happened was the CMR form was stamped then go on their way to rejoin traffic and ordinary cars didn’t even realise they had crossed the border .
Trucks never thought stuff stopping il go straight through as come delivery the first thing the customer wanted to see was the STAMPED CMR FORM .

Now that would work in Ireland but the Irish problem is being used simply as an excuse to cancel brexit , a reason to stay that the government can say it’s not our fault and so sorry to have to cancel brexit ..
The other side of course is even if you built a border in Ireland ( let’s face it you can’t hold 68,000,000 people to ransom over a few paddy’s in balaclavas ) I suggest today modern survellience techniques keeping isis at bay daily would soon find and intercept a few IRA wannabes in an instant truth be known so it’s all just a smoke screen to keep brexit dead dead dead

Or are the government saying we can’t have a border as terrorism has won ??? That’s what the press will say one day soon as after brexit is cancelled and dust settles apart from a turkey shoot at next election I think ‘the irish’ will Get some hammer as well as it’s all their bloody fault !!!!

I remember TIR as well.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2019, 06:58 PM

TIR yes , well the CMR was the paperwork behind it and IT WOULD WORK FOR IRELAND EVEN MORE SO AS ANY GOODS TRAVELLING ON OR OFF THE ISLAND HAVE FURTHER CHECKS IF NEEDED IN UK PORTS so it’s all just an excuse for politicians to say we tried but can’t be done so brexit is cancelled ... not our fault , we tried to uphold democracy ... blame paddy !

In a few months when brexit decision is kicked into the long grass I am going to make another website and give my version of what really happened , from Dave offering a referendum due to UKIP taking votes to the huge mistakes and cover ups since and I hope many sign in and read it before next election as I will run a page on every politicians actions these past two years
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

07-03-2019, 07:09 PM

TIR yes , well the CMR was the paperwork behind it and IT WOULD WORK FOR IRELAND EVEN MORE SO AS ANY GOODS TRAVELLING ON OR OFF THE ISLAND HAVE FURTHER CHECKS IF NEEDED IN UK PORTS so it’s all just an excuse for politicians to say we tried but can’t be done so brexit is cancelled ... not our fault , we tried to uphold democracy ... blame paddy !

In a few months when brexit decision is kicked into the long grass I am going to make another website and give my version of what really happened , from Dave offering a referendum due to UKIP taking votes to the huge mistakes and cover ups since and I hope many sign in and read it before next election as I will run a page on every politicians actions these past two years
Here is a great article from Austin Mitchell (ex MP for Grimsby) who talks a lot of sense (for a leftie ha ha)

https://brexitcentral.com/mps-trying...tually-voting/
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)

07-03-2019, 07:16 PM

That guy hits the nail , like I said they want to stay but can’t be seen to go against the electorate so will engineer excuses then it’s not their fault , we tried they will cry come election time ... in reality they are blaming Ireland as some huge problem that they can’t solve ... so next will be a lot of shouting for the press and then it will be we can’t leave without a deal and it’s March 28th we leave tomorrow !!!!

Okay we will delay brexit two years .... we would love to leave guys but we can’t leave without a deal so we sadly will have to delay it ... we’re not cancelling it as we will do as you asked however we are just postponing it a while !!!

You watch over next two weeks this will come to pass
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)

07-03-2019, 07:41 PM

TIR explained ...

https://youtu.be/XI0X0InXDG0

The paddy problem really isn’t a problem !!!!

SMOKE AND MIRRORS TO THWART BREXIT PLAIN AND SIMPLE

https://youtu.be/dWD2JLqG81o
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2019, 07:42 PM

I sincerely hope you do.

Better still, it should appear in the national press.

Someone really should provided full details of what has happened due to our corrupt politicians.

When the Conservatives lose the next GE, they need to be made to realise why it happened because I think they're too stupid to realise the harm they are doing to themselves right now.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)

07-03-2019, 07:48 PM

I will do it for sure , was going to write a book actually but then your into publishing and printing expense .... but a website ?? Can have that built and up in an instant but not yet as game of thrones is still playing out at the moment
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Here is a great article from Austin Mitchell (ex MP for Grimsby) who talks a lot of sense (for a leftie ha ha)

https://brexitcentral.com/mps-trying...tually-voting/
But he is a Yorkshireman.

Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top