Join for free
Page 1676 of 1676 « First < 676 1176 1576 1626 1666 1674 1675 1676
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 10:42 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Plenty of useful information about photography being posted lately, I was never any good with a camera, but I did have one moment of joy many years ago.

The lighter green speckled Tit.

You might be surprised to know I used to do a bit of bird watching in my younger days, this little chappy is very rare, so rare that it’s seldom seen these days, and not to be confused with yer commoner garden green backed Tit.

It was a most memorable day for me when I managed to capture a shot of this lovely almost extinct bird.

I was sitting on a rock in a field, ears cocked and eyes peeled
The lighter green speckled Tit was about
My only company was a sulking Cow, dejected after having a row
Slimy stuff dripped from it’s mouth.

I’d been there for quite a while when I broke into a rewarding smile
There it was perched on the Cow’s bottom
Out with the camera and a click, you have to be quick
Nice one, at last I got’em.

I dashed home to show the wife, the idol of me life
She looked surprised to see me
“You look tired, won’t you sit,? did you snap the green Tit?
“Yes, but I had to be quick, or I’d have missed it”

So now the snap hangs on the wall, in view of all
The rarest Tit in all the land, on hand
Sitting on the cows bum, just like a faithful chum
There for every visitor to see, and it was taken by me.

Yes I was so proud of myself, I haven’t seen the photo in years since we moved, when I asked the wife where it was just now she said she thinks she threw it out, why was I not shocked and surprised you may well ask?, because she’s my wife that’s why, and that’s what she often does, throws things out, she should have been a bouncer, it's a miracle she didn't throw me out years ago.

Don’t mind my ramblings, that was just an excuse to play this lovely old song from a lovely singer.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 10:42 PM

There is much here to Desist
Just like that fella Realist
Reasons run Rife
Just hope the Tins are in Shelf Life.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 10:03 PM

Ah the simple life, what is it?

Well I think one can live the simple life anywhere, no matter the location, it’s your own attitude to life that counts.

I like to think I’m living the simple life now, very little bothers me at this stage of life, worrying is a waste of valuable time when you are older, besides what’s going to happen will happen anyway so just deal with it as best you can.

People often make things complicated for themselves, for example people who drive cars, (when not essential), I can never understand some motorists, they are the worlds worst moaners, they moan about other drivers, the cost of fuel, road tax, cyclists, pedestrians, busses, slow moving tractors when on country roads, traffic jams when on city roads, parking spaces, parking charges, the list of moans goes on and on, I know, I have several drivers in my family and they never stop complaining and about the situation on the roads, well do as me granny used to suggest to moaning drivers, “Sell the bloody thing and buy an ass”

Indeed drivers have been known to get out of their cars and murder other drivers in broad daylight, a dangerous lot to mess with I can tell you, all tensed up, no wonder they are having heart attacks all over the place.

I think of all the hassle I have saved meself by never learning how to drive, and that’s just one example, going into partnership in business is another one I avoided after been stung once, living with a disagreeable nagging partner can be a lifelong headache too, avoiding unwanted stress early in life is good for you in the long run.

Give me the simple life anytime, a contented wife, a happy dog, a good smoke, a sound glass of booze, and a comfortable armchair, sheer bliss, cheers!

I heard this song on the radio this morniong, I can't get it out of me head all day, it was the Tony Bennett recording, this version I like better, it's by George Clooney’s Aunt Rosemary, lovely person God rest her.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 10:12 PM

The conclusion is, the Mornin is for thinkin, the evening is forskinthing.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
The conclusion is, the Mornin is for thinkin, the evening is forskinthing.
Why Mister Darcey, you have made me blush.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

27-07-2021, 10:05 PM

Forskinthing?
Thank God I don’t know what that is, sounds utterly disgusting, made me blush too, on the other hand it could be something quite innocent like an antique baby rattle.

Half and Hole.

The wife used to love the wrestling on TV when she was younger, I could never understand why she liked it, I mean it’s all staged, fat fellas banging the floor with their boots and groaning like wounded Bulls, ah well whatever scratches yer itch, we’re all different.

We had a family living near us back in the 50’s, the Nelsons, they had twin boys, one of the lads had a ‘hole in the heart’, three or four cases of it in our area alone at that time if my memory serves me right, the condition seems to have mysteriously disappeared now, you never hear of it any more, maybe they introduced a small dose of polyfiller to the diet of pregnant women who knows.

Anyway the lad with the hole was called ‘Hole Nelson’ and the other fella ‘Half Nelson’ and in all the years I’ve known them I never found out their first names.

Half is still alive, I often see him in the pub and everyone still calls him Half, I’m afraid Hole went down the hole twenty years ago. That’s the truth.
I once joined “Random thinkers” forum, an international forum for all kinds of everything, but I had a row with the administrator and left after only one post.

Let me explain.

As I’ve often said me old lamps are dimming and I don’t always see words properly, it can get one into trouble.
I had posted in the introductory section, giving a few personal details, the admin responded thus.

“Hello random thinker, welcome to the forum”

I misread it and replied.

“Don’t you dare call me a randy tinker, stick your forum up your randy rectum, I’m off”
You know you're getting old when you stop to think and forget to start again.
That was told to me years ago by Ben Occolar, a man of great vision.

One of my favourite songs from the underestimated (IMO) but very talented Billy Fury, God be good to him.

Page 1676 of 1676 « First < 676 1176 1576 1626 1666 1674 1675 1676

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top