Join for free
Page 13 of 15 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2019, 11:37 AM

Re: Shop lifting.

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
They are as rare as 'Hens Teeth' around here Pauline.....

Hens don't have teeth,OGF..so they cannot be rare..
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2019, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Do you spend all day researching ...as soon as a topic is started...do you rush to research it....then post what you find ,as your own....

Nothing personal...just asking.
Well no. I've been around the block a few times, more precisely several different blocks and in so doing a person does learn a few things by experience and by exposure.

For example such things as the Elephant Women on the Avenida Atlântica in Rio - and why it's a good idea to avoid them no matter how good they look.

And why scribbling on your drip mat in many German bars can be very expensive.

As for RFID chips, these were being used extensively as part of the manufacturing process of planar printed circuit boards to identify them by type along with bar codes to record details of the path through the manufacturing processes multiple examples of the same thing had passed through.

Then there's things to be aware of when working overseas. For example the first thing to find in an unfamiliar hotel is where the nearest fire exit is. Local specialities can also be memorable.

Some things like alligator in tempura batter is usually very nice, whereas balut is revolting right from the get-go, and maybe surprisingly "street food" is usually quite safe to eat whereas hotel food may not be.

It's when for example an article appears in the press that it's best to look into rather than take at face value and that's where researching comes to the fore.

Do I simply cut, tweak, and paste from web sites and claim as my original work? Certainly not. I'll quote where appropriate, but always identify quotes as being such.

So there ya go! C'est petite moi.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2019, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Well no. I've been around the block a few times, more precisely several different blocks and in so doing a person does learn a few things by experience and by exposure.

For example such things as the Elephant Women on the Avenida Atlântica in Rio - and why it's a good idea to avoid them no matter how good they look.

And why scribbling on your drip mat in many German bars can be very expensive.

As for RFID chips, these were being used extensively as part of the manufacturing process of planar printed circuit boards to identify them by type along with bar codes to record details of the path through the manufacturing processes multiple examples of the same thing had passed through.

Then there's things to be aware of when working overseas. For example the first thing to find in an unfamiliar hotel is where the nearest fire exit is. Local specialities can also be memorable.

Some things like alligator in tempura batter is usually very nice, whereas balut is revolting right from the get-go, and maybe surprisingly "street food" is usually quite safe to eat whereas hotel food may not be.

It's when for example an article appears in the press that it's best to look into rather than take at face value and that's where researching comes to the fore.

Do I simply cut, tweak, and paste from web sites and claim as my original work? Certainly not. I'll quote where appropriate, but always identify quotes as being such.

So there ya go! C'est petite moi.

TAT...from what I read..you are in your own world....as am I...I think that's why we clash.

There ain't no movement....

I think I have said all I have to say about shoplifting ..
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2019, 01:48 PM

I was just trying to think whether I was ever guilty of stealing.
The worst thing I ever did was pick up a bunch of grapes at Sainsbury's, place them in the plastic bag provided at the time, and carry on with my shopping. The temptation was too much as I walked around and I picked off two of the grapes to eat. It was only when I reached the till, emptied my shopping and noticed the assistant putting the grapes onto scales for the weight that I realised that what I had done was in fact, theft. I was too scared to admit it to the check out assistant, but I still left the store redfaced.

I would make a lousy thief, my face would give me away immediately. Besides, my Mum always told me when young, "you may find stealing from shops easy, but if caught, you will also have to face the shame of your name being in the local paper for all to see."

Needless to say, if ever I had the inclination to be lightfingered when with my school pals in Woolies (remember those old help yourself counters?) Mum's wise words would come to the fore every single time.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2019, 02:20 PM

Don't you go worrying about them grapes Shroppy, there are folks guilty of far more seedy crimes.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2019, 08:44 PM

There are days when I steal a jube jube but I don’t feel guilty and nobody ever confronts me. They just nod & smile.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2019, 09:53 PM

What's a jube jube, Bratti?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2019, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

I wondered that too, Tabs.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2019, 04:05 AM

I think they may be what we used to call our juju’s years ago when we were children ...... fruit gums or jelly babies.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2019, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I wondered that too, Tabs.
Originally Posted by Mags ->
I think they may be what we used to call our juju’s years ago when we were children ...... fruit gums or jelly babies.
Mags has it. They are coloured fruit gums. I like them chocolate covered also. They are bigger than jelly babies. In fact the chocolate covered ones are like gob stoppers. I’m surprised I’ve got the gall to stuff one in my face while shopping. I should feel guilty but don’t.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	1A3FEB7A-84CE-45EA-AECE-5C7C8123B288.jpeg
Views:	39
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	10902   Click image for larger version

Name:	6AC573A1-982C-4C76-88BB-6AC9BB96F4EF.jpeg
Views:	37
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	10903  

Page 13 of 15 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top