Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2017, 02:45 PM

Re: Funerals

My Mum always use to say, when she pops-her-clogs, not to waste money on a funeral, just put her in the wheelie bin on Monday morning.
But we never did it.
At the Crem we had to go back the next day to bury her ashes.
I've got 2 little nieces who meant the world to my Mum, they were 6 & 4 when she died. We took the older one to the funeral but thought the 4yr old was to young. The following day though when we went to collect the ashes, we took them both. When we got to the Crem, the youngest asked me ....."Is this Nannies heaven" ? I wanted to cry.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2017, 02:48 PM

David Bowie had one of those funerals .
No fuss no service or anything ashes delivered anywhere.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2017, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
David Bowie had one of those funerals .
No fuss no service or anything ashes delivered anywhere.
I seem to remember John Lennon did too. A good article to be found here:

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a6939516.html
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2017, 04:02 PM

I have added to my will the instruction for my children to use a local Direct Funeral company, plus their phone number and also an instruction for no ashes and for them to go out for a family meal, at my expense.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2017, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
I have added to my will the instruction for my children to use a local Direct Funeral company, plus their phone number and also an instruction for no ashes and for them to go out for a family meal, at my expense.
A family meal paid for by you is a much better use of the money.
Sweet Pea
New Member!
Australia
Sweet Pea is female 

06-05-2018, 08:29 AM

My later father and mother had direct funerals. They were taken by the undertaken directly to the crematorium.

None of us were present and we were just delivered the ashes at a a later time.

Neither were religious and that was their wishes. It was a lot easier on us not having to go to funerals...but that is my family...would nto suit others.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2018, 08:52 AM

I was going to leave my body to medical science but I have since discovered it can be messy, so a direct cremation is what I want must get it into a Will.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2018, 11:02 AM

Direct cremation for me as well

We aren’t religious so a service would be pure hypocrisy

Mr missy’s parents are in the family grave, there’s about 7 in there at the moment and tbh it’s a pain in the bum having to remember significant dates and driving 150 miles to put flowers on. Then we have cemetery Sunday which is a morning of prayer at the graveside.

Step dad died and was cremated here but mum insisted his family grave was opened and his ashes put there. There is no one in England left to tend the grave. Last time I was over was 3 years ago. Mum paid £10k for the grave to be opened, new head stone , a service. Total waste as no one visits

Mr missy wants a burial but I’ve told him if he goes first tough luck
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2018, 11:59 AM

My husband and I wish to be disposed of as cheaply as possible, straight to the crem, no service, no wake.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2018, 11:58 AM

It makes no difference to me how I'm disposed of but it probably will matter those I'm leaving behind. I'm not a religious person but have relatives who are and so, out of consideration to them, I will have a service with prayers and music.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top