Join for free
Page 8 of 15 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 09:15 PM

Re: USA 2020 - Itinerary

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
It took me a while to persuade my wife about Vegas but when I mentioned we could go to the Grand Canyon on a trip from there, she was more interested. We'll book a show too. It's not all about gambling, which I have no idea about anyway.

Just waiting for my pension now so I can get it all sorted out!
We aren't gamblers but we were that week we were in Vegas, it has to be done! I remember we started off dollars then realised it was just as much fun to game the slots with cents.

We broke even most nights too. As long as you are putting cent in the slots you get free drinks!

The canyon is great, we opted for the plane rather than the helicopter, I hate flying but that had to be done too!

I have a photo of me and John with the flight captain and I'm as white as a ghost on it lol. The hoover dam from the plane is fantastic. Everything about Vegas is fantastic, well, we think so anyway.

One day we'd love to go back there.

We'd like to see Penn & Teller, if they are still there that is. Not sure.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2019, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
We aren't gamblers but we were that week we were in Vegas, it has to be done! I remember we started off dollars then realised it was just as much fun to game the slots with cents.

We broke even most nights too. As long as you are putting cent in the slots you get free drinks!

The canyon is great, we opted for the plane rather than the helicopter, I hate flying but that had to be done too!

I have a photo of me and John with the flight captain and I'm as white as a ghost on it lol. The hoover dam from the plane is fantastic. Everything about Vegas is fantastic, well, we think so anyway.

One day we'd love to go back there.

Sounds great, Lion Queen
The Grand Canyon helicopter is a must for me but my wife won't want to do it.
I won't be touching any slot machines or roulette wheels in Vegas though. Gambling is a mug's game. It will be good to see the sights though, and a show if we can.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2019, 01:24 PM

Floydy, what about a trip to Roswell, and Area 51 ?, you never know what you might see , mind you , be careful of the alien probing, I’ve heard it can be quite invasive, seriously though, it looks like you have everything planned, I bet you can’t wait...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2019, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Floydy, what about a trip to Roswell, and Area 51 ?, you never know what you might see , mind you , be careful of the alien probing, I’ve heard it can be quite invasive, seriously though, it looks like you have everything planned, I bet you can’t wait...
I see plenty of aliens at work thanks, Primus
Yes, the trip is still open to suggestions. I should be booking it later this month all being well.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 03:58 PM

They are a permanent fixture at the RIO been there for years.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

30-09-2019, 09:16 AM

There are not too many positive comments about Los Angeles on here. Maybe we should fly there and spend a night but spend these 3-4 days somewhere else instead?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2019, 09:59 AM

There are not too many positive comments about Los Angeles on here. Maybe we should fly there and spend a night but spend these 3-4 days somewhere else instead?
can you choose where you go? If so Colorado is wonderful. I have a huge family over there. It has very beautiful scenery.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

30-09-2019, 10:46 AM

can you choose where you go? If so Colorado is wonderful. I have a huge family over there. It has very beautiful scenery.
It could be a possibility, Lion Queen but it would involve a lot of walking and my wife wouldn't manage it.
I was thinking somewhere on the coast might be better?
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 04:01 PM

Think you should.

Nothing to see move on

San Fran from the bay area am told one of the most beautiful views in the world.

Vegas will and should blow your mind but three/four days will be enough.

When you book Vegas will give you a heads up.

PS going there on 17 November for 12 days AGAIN
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

01-10-2019, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Think you should.

Nothing to see move on

San Fran from the bay area am told one of the most beautiful views in the world.

Vegas will and should blow your mind but three/four days will be enough.

When you book Vegas will give you a heads up.

PS going there on 17 November for 12 days AGAIN
Thanks Galty
We've always been going to San Fransciso anyway and we've added Vegas too on yours and others recommendations.
I'm now thinking we should stay at Long Beach which will be more relaxing than L.A. and it's only a few miles away so that way we can still do the sightseeing there too.

Page 8 of 15 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top