Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2019, 01:09 PM

Re: No stray dogs in Holland

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I never rode with the hunt. But, as a child, was excited to see them come across our fields. I never saw the kill, the fox gets away nearly every time. They say if the fox doesn't outwit the hounds it's because it's old or sick.
I have ridden with the hunt .
When I was young and had a chance to gallop and jump on a first class hunter .
The fox does not get away nearly every time .
The Fox is not an animal of stamina it cannot sustain a long run ( and the hunt takes care to stop earths where it may take refuge .
Against an entire pack of hounds -large dogs who can run for hours it has a poor chance .

‘The unspeakable in pursuit of the unbeatable .’

Oscar Wilde
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2019, 05:23 PM

The unspeakable in pursuit of the uneatable

Oscar Wilde
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2019, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I have ridden with the hunt .
When I was young and had a chance to gallop and jump on a first class hunter .
The fox does not get away nearly every time .
The Fox is not an animal of stamina it cannot sustain a long run ( and the hunt takes care to stop earths where it may take refuge .
Against an entire pack of hounds -large dogs who can run for hours it has a poor chance .

Oscar Wilde
You old rascal. What colours did you wear, and what was your stirrup cup?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2019, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I never rode with the hunt. But, as a child, was excited to see them come across our fields. I never saw the kill, the fox gets away nearly every time. They say if the fox doesn't outwit the hounds it's because it's old or sick.
My God, what kind of morally acceptable endeavor would involve the chasing of a sick or old animal?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2019, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->

Oscar Wilde
This.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2019, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
My God, what kind of morally acceptable endeavor would involve the chasing of a sick or old animal?

Utterly pathetic isn’t it?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2019, 05:56 PM

What I cannot understand is people rescuing and bringing dogs in from abroad when we have enough here looking for a home.

Maybe someone can explain the logic to me
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

03-10-2019, 06:06 PM

Because they feel sorry for them .
Dogs in dogs homes here have a better life than dogs on the streets of some god awful country .
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2019, 08:13 PM

Goodness ! How does a happy thread starter turn so vile and nasty?
It’s great that a government took the initiative to save man’s & woman’s best friends. Period!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2019, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Goodness ! How does a happy thread starter turn so vile and nasty?
It’s great that a government took the initiative to save man’s & woman’s best friends. Period!
The trouble is Bratti, snowflakes are complaining that farm animals are contributing to climate change and so are going veggi and trying to get farmers to reduce their herds, but the population of dogs (that have no useful purpose) seem to increase by the day.....

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top