Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
AidoPotato
UK
AidoPotato is male 

29-09-2019, 02:03 PM

Re: Brexit will reward international investors, not ordinary Leave voters

One of the comments at the base of the article sums it up very well.

I quote:

"Deregulation and the opportunities for vulture capitalists are and have been the drivers for brexit for which all the other pointless tropes of sovereignty, exceptionalism and fishing rights have provided useful cover."
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by AidoPotato ->
It is impossible not to generalise on an online forum. I have already said that I understand that some people will benefit and I accept that perhaps you will. The vast majority will not.

In any case, it is likely there will be a 2+ year extension by the end of October.

Check out my edit

Now don't you feel special
Hi

No, I do not feel special at all.

This is because I, along with many others, took a rational decision to leave.

We thought about it, weighed up the Pros and Cons and made a decision.

I object to the holier than thou attitude that Leavers are idiots and Remainers know better.

I fully accept that there will be short term pain, I have balanced that against the Long Term Gains.

I have never been a Principle, a simple man in a suit, knowledge of some technical issues, not many but some.

I have negotiated with the EU, arrogant gits who relied on the compliance of our Politicians to get their own way.

I loathe Juncker with a vengeance and despise the arrogance of Merkel in opening up the Borders without any consultation and then dumping the ones she did not want on the rest.

You may be prepared to accept this, I am not.
AidoPotato
UK
AidoPotato is male 

29-09-2019, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

No, I do not feel special at all.

This is because I, along with many others, took a rational decision to leave.

We thought about it, weighed up the Pros and Cons and made a decision.

I object to the holier than thou attitude that Leavers are idiots and Remainers know better.

I fully accept that there will be short term pain, I have balanced that against the Long Term Gains.

I have never been a Principle, a simple man in a suit, knowledge of some technical issues, not many but some.

I have negotiated with the EU, arrogant gits who relied on the compliance of our Politicians to get their own way.

I loathe Juncker with a vengeance and despise the arrogance of Merkel in opening up the Borders without any consultation and then dumping the ones she did not want on the rest.

You may be prepared to accept this, I am not.
So you are trying to tell me that you believe that many people weighed it up as you did? There wasn't even a road map! How can you sit here and claim you weighed it up sufficiently, let alone claim that many others also did?

Sorry Swimfeeders but I'm just not buying it. You took a shot in the dark like many other leavers did. You had absolutely no idea how it was going to pan out, which leads me to believe you made an emotional decision.

It further supports my opinion that the referendum was a sham that provided little or no educational foundations for the common voter.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 02:43 PM

So you are trying to tell me that you believe that many people weighed it up as you did? There wasn't even a road map! How can you sit here and claim you weighed it up sufficiently, let alone claim that many others also did?

Sorry Swimfeeders but I'm just not buying it. You took a shot in the dark like many other leavers did. You had absolutely no idea how it was going to pan out, which leads me to believe you made an emotional decision.

It further supports my opinion that the referendum was a sham that provided little or no educational foundations for the common voter.
Hi

I don't know how many weighed it up, what I do know is that many on this Forum and intelligent, articulate and voted leave.

The Remain Campaign stated that we would be in Economic Meltdown immediately we voted Leave.

We are not.

Neither do I believe it will be all sweetness and light when we do Leave.

I do not believe that all Remainers are idiots either, just that they have a different view to myself.

I find your posts and attitude condescending, to say the least.

I do not slag off Remainers, neither do I agree with all Leavers, read my posts.

I simply believe in Democracy.

We had a Referendum, we voted Leave, it simply has to happen.

My vote is important to me, it is not to be overturned by a Political Elite, it is worth as much as their vote.

I think Boris, Gove and Cummings are complete prats, in the same way that I think Corbyn, Abbott and Lammy are complete prats.

I will not be dictated to by any of them or you.

I am capable of making up my own mind.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 03:45 PM

If the normal folk (Edit: swimfeeders is not the norm) who have been conned into voting leave via tales of past glories and sovereignty . . .

Dear oh dear oh dear

Not the tired old "Brexiteers didn't know what they were voting for and were duped" moronic strapline !!

How many times has this been regurgitated over the past 3 years?!! I mean really the feckless Remainers ought to have come up with something else by now.

You misrepresent the BrExiteer base terribly I'm afraid.

I knew exactly what I was voting for. An end to the EU cesspit of corruption, an escape from the emerging totalitarian police state which will imho remove our basic rights and freedoms as time goes on, step by step.

Nothing you laughable pundits say or do will change my mind and the more that Remainers persist in trotting out these tired old mantras the more determined Leavers are to see this thing done.

The fact that to get us in the EU in the first place corrupt politicians had to operate by stealth behind closed doors drafting and signing treaties which abolish our sovereignty and nationality, tells me all I need to know about how undesirable the whole thing is. If the EU were a great bastion of political wellness then our politicians could have simply given the populous a referendum years ago asking if they wanted to join the EU and they would have been able to tell the truth about what it really was. In the event, they had to lie to the electorate duping them into believing it was just a Common Market trading bloc and they had to take us in without ever consulting the electorate. That is testimony to what a cesspit the whole shebang is and how corrupt our government has been and continues to be.

Our democratic system is now totally at risk because of all this EU Billy BS. The people of this country WILL NOT surrender their freedoms of democracy to the dictatorship of the EU. If you prevent us leaving you will be declaring war on the British people and declaring war on the entire priciple of democracy and our constitutional rights.

If war is what Remainers are seeking for this country then go right ahead and continue trying to overturn democracy. You will reap the whirlwind.

Meanwhile, please stop trying to con us with these tired old Remainer mantras that we didn't know what we were voting for. You are dead wrong.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 04:02 PM

Aidopotato ... what's the future of the EU over the next 5 years ?

I bet you can't answer but you still say you knew what you were voting for
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

29-09-2019, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Aidopotato ... what's the future of the EU over the next 5 years ?

I bet you can't answer but you still say you knew what you were voting for
Hi

My view, the Eu is going nowhere.

It will continue to be the largest FTA in the World.

It will change, that is for sure, but as a FTA it will continue,
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 04:35 PM

Democracy does not require that voters be educated Spud!
Voters vote according to how they percieve their life to be
progressing?
If they are not happy, they vote for change! Is'nt that what
democracy is about? So that the disadvantaged get a small
say in what happens to them! Their vote is the only voice
they have against all the vested interests that are lined up
against them!
That you are trying to disenfranchise them because they have
not reached the same dizzie heights as yourself l find to be
disgusting!! ( when l say THEY l include myself )!!

Donkeyman!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

My view, the Eu is going nowhere.

It will continue to be the largest FTA in the World.

It will change, that is for sure, but as a FTA it will continue,

No it wont.

Its shrinking and it's only completed one fta that's been ratified outside the single market.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 07:08 PM

I am not expecting great riches only a fool would have done, it was nothing absolutely nothing about money when I voted. I don't want to be part of EU at all, I don't want my kids conscripted into an army, I don't want the country ruled by Germany and France, lost family members in both wars my german aunt warned us about what the EU would become and she hasn't been wrong yet.
Watching the liberal party conference really scared me they did all but raise a hand and say sieg heil to Guy's speech.

We are an island nation with no sea fishing industry we sat back and let everyone else have it all. We don't even own our own utilities it has to stop,

Wages suppressed by mass EU immigration has to stop.
Watching parliament we have a load of donkeys leading us scared of the word humbug but threatening death to anyone doesn't agree with them. Has to stop and we have to elect decent politicians who can do the job better. Wouldn't have known that without the referendum.

It's not even the political elite ruling us it's simply rich people now that has to stop. Coming out of the EU means we can address all that.

Money pah it's not about personal riches or millions for this or that it's about democracy and making the countries politicians more accountable.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top