Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 11:27 AM

Re: Tusks twitter rant??

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
All empires come to an end eventually, with annexed countries once again taking control of their own localised destinies.

I suspect that the EU will have a relatively short lifespan. Whether the UK departure marks the beginning of the end is up for debate and history will tell.
I have the same suspicions as you Dex! have a good day!
Regards bDonkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
All empires come to an end eventually, with annexed countries once again taking control of their own localised destinies.

I suspect that the EU will have a relatively short lifespan. Whether the UK departure marks the beginning of the end is up for debate and history will tell.
What UK departure? For the foreseeable future you are still within the EU. And paying.
No signs of other countries wanting to exit.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
What UK departure? For the foreseeable future you are still within the EU. And paying.
No signs of other countries wanting to exit.
The only winner in the remaining 27 is France. The rest of the member states are collateral damage.

Go work it out for yourself if you can.

You think Barnier, Parliament, Merkel and Varadkar are holding all the cards... ? Big mistake if you do
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
You are doing what the EU are trying to do........Making it about Boris.

Boris represents the British people and the EU has forgotten that .

It's why they will be to blame!
Exactly. We have had 3.5 years of listening to the same old crap coming from the EU. They remind me of the "The computer, he says No". They have never had any interest in negotiating, just putting out a pretense of doing so.
I hope we can escape its vile clutches.

This is akin to a war without weapons.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Exactly. We have had 3.5 years of listening to the same old crap coming from the EU. They remind me of the "The computer, he says No". They have never had any interest in negotiating, just putting out a pretense of doing so.

Let's face it, Barnier, Juncker, Tusk and the rest of the unelected elites are a government without a country and just a glorified civil service. They won't think twice about how much this will cost the 27 if we leave without any trade deal in place with them. They will just walk away into the shadows and leave it to Von Der Leyen and her unelected mafia mob to blame everyone else. What can the 27 do about it ? Nothing - you can't get rid of these idiots.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 04:38 PM

Hi

They are effectively Civil Servants with all the decisions being made by the 27 Heads of State.

The Heads of State will protect the Single Market.

We can have a standard WTO Free Trade Deal, we will not get Canada +++, that simply does not exist.

Boris relies on the DUP, they are not for shifting even though NI voted Remain.

Intransigence and red lines on both sides.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

No, brexit is a necessary crisis – it reveals britain’s true place in the world
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

09-10-2019, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
No, brexit is a necessary crisis – it reveals britain’s true place in the world
As the 5th biggest economy in the world and a sovereign nation.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top