Join for free
Reply
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Bread's Avatar
Bread
Senior Member
Bread is offline
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 4,213
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
13-10-2019, 12:37 AM
11

Re: Free Trade Agreement

Originally Posted by globeflower ->
Is that the same Nigel whose youKippers sank without trace at the last General Election with an underwhelming zero seats? Or the Nigel who's failed to get elected to Parliament 7 times? Good luck with that!

Next general election should sort that out.

How's labour and the lib dems doing in the polls ?
Reply With Quote
globeflower
Member
globeflower is offline
Rutland, UK
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 66
globeflower is male 
 
14-10-2019, 01:02 AM
12

Re: Free Trade Agreement

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Next general election should sort that out.

How's labour and the lib dems doing in the polls ?
Yeah, like the last one did.
I don't place any reliance on opinion polls, so you'll have to look up those results yourself.
Reply With Quote
Bread's Avatar
Bread
Senior Member
Bread is offline
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 4,213
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
14-10-2019, 01:05 AM
13

Re: Free Trade Agreement

Originally Posted by globeflower ->
Yeah, like the last one did.
I don't place any reliance on opinion polls, so you'll have to look up those results yourself.

Labour and the lib dems lost ....

None of the polls have labour or the lib dems ahead... none of them.
Reply With Quote
Solasch
Senior Member
Solasch is offline
Netherlands
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 4,460
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
14-10-2019, 07:25 PM
14

Re: Free Trade Agreement

Originally Posted by globeflower ->
Is that the same Nigel whose youKippers sank without trace at the last General Election with an underwhelming zero seats? Or the Nigel who's failed to get elected to Parliament 7 times? Good luck with that!
And still neither boris nor nigel wants an alliance, however much they are brothers in crime.


Attached Images File Type: jpg Cn9gX_AXYAAvO1G.jpg (89.7 KB, 2 views)
Reply With Quote
globeflower
Member
globeflower is offline
Rutland, UK
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 66
globeflower is male 
 
15-10-2019, 12:49 AM
15

Re: Free Trade Agreement

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Labour and the lib dems lost ....

None of the polls have labour or the lib dems ahead... none of them.
Thanks for updating me on the fact that Labour and the Lib Dems lost the last election, I hadn't realised it, what with Boris having lost 6 votes on the trot and seemingly planning to ignore a seventh straight defeat when the Queens Speech is voted down. So it seems winning an election isn't a guarantee of success. Unless you count making a total shambles of brexit a success.
btw I wonder if those polls you mention are as accurate as the ones leading up to the the referendum?
Reply With Quote
Bread's Avatar
Bread
Senior Member
Bread is offline
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 4,213
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-10-2019, 12:59 AM
16

Re: Free Trade Agreement

Originally Posted by globeflower ->
Thanks for updating me on the fact that Labour and the Lib Dems lost the last election, I hadn't realised it, what with Boris having lost 6 votes on the trot and seemingly planning to ignore a seventh straight defeat when the Queens Speech is voted down. So it seems winning an election isn't a guarantee of success. Unless you count making a total shambles of brexit a success.
btw I wonder if those polls you mention are as accurate as the ones leading up to the the referendum?

Parliament is taking advantage of a weak government when a general election is requested by the government the cowards in the opposite benches run, hide and stare at the floor.

It says it all

What polls have labour or the lib dems ahead?

The brexit issues are because if parliament and those who refuse to serve their own constituencies and only themselves. If you think the next election will turn a blind eye to the treachery then think again. This one will give your mates Corbyn and Swinson the hiding of their lives.
Reply With Quote
Banchory
Senior Member
Banchory is offline
Kent
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,014
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-10-2019, 05:24 AM
17

Re: Free Trade Agreement

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Parliament is taking advantage of a weak government when a general election is requested by the government the cowards in the opposite benches run, hide and stare at the floor.

It says it all

What polls have labour or the lib dems ahead?

The brexit issues are because if parliament and those who refuse to serve their own constituencies and only themselves. If you think the next election will turn a blind eye to the treachery then think again. This one will give your mates Corbyn and Swinson the hiding of their lives.
The referendum imposed no such duty for any MP to align with how their constituencies voted. The likes of Ian Duncan Smith, David Davis, John Redwood, Rees Mogg and many others have felt no compunction to do so because referendums are not elections of parliamentary representatives. Iím surprised that after 3 years you didnít know that

Any Prime Minister is stupid enough to create his own minority government deserves to be at the mercy of parliament. Both and all remainers are scared of having a confirmatory referendum because they know that now more is known about the consequences of leaving the country would vote to remain

When a GE does happen it will be whoever has the numbers to form a majority coalition the will ultimately prevail and that may not be the Conservatives
Reply With Quote
Moscow
Senior Member
Moscow is offline
Scotland
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,783
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-10-2019, 07:09 AM
18

Re: Free Trade Agreement

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
The referendum imposed no such duty for any MP to align with how their constituencies voted. The likes of Ian Duncan Smith, David Davis, John Redwood, Rees Mogg and many others have felt no compunction to do so because referendums are not elections of parliamentary representatives. Iím surprised that after 3 years you didnít know that

Any Prime Minister is stupid enough to create his own minority government deserves to be at the mercy of parliament. Both and all remainers are scared of having a confirmatory referendum because they know that now more is known about the consequences of leaving the country would vote to remain

When a GE does happen it will be whoever has the numbers to form a majority coalition the will ultimately prevail and that may not be the Conservatives
A referendum might not be an election of Parliamentary representations.......No Mp's are elected via referendums ,that's a true but irrelevant fact.

The result of the referendum has to be enacted through Parliament, we have no choice in that and that's where MP's have a duty to the electorate.
MP's are not there to 'TRUMP' the electorate, to second guess the electorate or interpret the result but to serve the electorate.

If they can't do that they should get their noses out of the trough and step down.
Reply With Quote
Banchory
Senior Member
Banchory is offline
Kent
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,014
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-10-2019, 07:46 AM
19

Re: Free Trade Agreement

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
A referendum might not be an election of Parliamentary representations.......No Mp's are elected via referendums ,that's a true but irrelevant fact.

The result of the referendum has to be enacted through Parliament, we have no choice in that and that's where MP's have a duty to the electorate.
MP's are not there to 'TRUMP' the electorate, to second guess the electorate or interpret the result but to serve the electorate.

If they can't do that they should get their noses out of the trough and step down.
It depends on the terms of the referendum as defined in the relevant referendum bill, in other words the law pertaining to that referendum. In the case of Brexit the referendum was only advisory and therefore does not mandate any MP to enact the result. There is a very good case that it should have been binging but we are where we are. The triggering of Article 50 starts the process of leaving but still doesnít mandate MPs to support it

Parliament is acting within the framework of the form of democracy we have and the law as it pertains to the referendum and they can treat it as advisory only notwithstanding what Cameron and various leaflets may have said as they do not alter the status of the referendum You may not like it but thatís the way it currently is. Perhaps you should campaign to change our democratic process

A general election may not solve anything

A binding confirmatory referendum will as the enactment of the result will be legally enforceable
Reply With Quote
Bread's Avatar
Bread
Senior Member
Bread is offline
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 4,213
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-10-2019, 10:18 AM
20

Re: Free Trade Agreement

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
It depends on the terms of the referendum as defined in the relevant referendum bill, in other words the law pertaining to that referendum. In the case of Brexit the referendum was only advisory and therefore does not mandate any MP to enact the result. There is a very good case that it should have been binging but we are where we are. The triggering of Article 50 starts the process of leaving but still doesnít mandate MPs to support it

Parliament is acting within the framework of the form of democracy we have and the law as it pertains to the referendum and they can treat it as advisory only notwithstanding what Cameron and various leaflets may have said as they do not alter the status of the referendum You may not like it but thatís the way it currently is. Perhaps you should campaign to change our democratic process

A general election may not solve anything

A binding confirmatory referendum will as the enactment of the result will be legally enforceable
Are you still in denial about the referendum after 3.5 years ?
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.