Join for free
Reply
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Banchory
Senior Member
Banchory is offline
Kent
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,014
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
13-10-2019, 07:04 AM
11

Re: Low regulatory alignment

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Exactly !
Then why is industry up in arms?

If we raise the bar for say pharmaceuticals the unless The EU does the same they will not be able to sell them to us and they might just decide its not worth the additional cost for one market

What industry wants is regulatory alignment but that means following EU regulations and standards. Possibly a step too far for hard line Brexiteers
Reply With Quote
Bread's Avatar
Bread
Senior Member
Bread is offline
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 4,198
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
13-10-2019, 01:01 PM
12

Re: Low regulatory alignment

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
Then why is industry up in arms?

If we raise the bar for say pharmaceuticals the unless The EU does the same they will not be able to sell them to us and they might just decide its not worth the additional cost for one market

What industry wants is regulatory alignment but that means following EU regulations and standards. Possibly a step too far for hard line Brexiteers

We already have better standards for (example) food than the EU. We exceed EU regulations in many areas already including workers rights. Same goes for pharma and medical device products (we invented a lot of them anyway incidentally) - it doesn't make us less competitive does it

You have no clue how standards work - according to you the EU regs are a race to the bottom because of cost... absolute nonsense

We already have regulatory alignment and always have. Check out what mutual recognition agreements are - the clue is in the name
Reply With Quote
Solasch
Senior Member
Solasch is offline
Netherlands
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 4,458
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
13-10-2019, 08:04 PM
13

Re: Low regulatory alignment

Originally Posted by Bread ->
We already have better standards for (example) food than the EU. We exceed EU regulations in many areas already including workers rights. Same goes for pharma and medical device products (we invented a lot of them anyway incidentally) - it doesn't make us less competitive does it
You wouldn't know this, because your brexit paper doesn't take articles negative on brexit, but

Food Standards Agency struggling to prepare for Brexit, say auditors

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...t-say-auditors
Reply With Quote
Banchory
Senior Member
Banchory is offline
Kent
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,014
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
13-10-2019, 08:18 PM
14

Re: Low regulatory alignment

Originally Posted by Bread ->
We already have better standards for (example) food than the EU. We exceed EU regulations in many areas already including workers rights. Same goes for pharma and medical device products (we invented a lot of them anyway incidentally) - it doesn't make us less competitive does it

You have no clue how standards work - according to you the EU regs are a race to the bottom because of cost... absolute nonsense

We already have regulatory alignment and always have. Check out what mutual recognition agreements are - the clue is in the name
It will if we drift away from alignment and it will if we lower standards to facilitate cheaper imports or trade agreements
Reply With Quote
Solasch
Senior Member
Solasch is offline
Netherlands
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 4,458
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
13-10-2019, 08:51 PM
15

Re: Low regulatory alignment

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
It will if we drift away from alignment and it will if we lower standards to facilitate cheaper imports or trade agreements
Britain might consider another law to align with the netherlands. Here municipalities can impose a tax on the posession of a dog. It's an ancient law that provides the basis for this tax on dogs only (so not on cats or any other pet).
From these taxes special facilities are created, and maintained for dog walking. Mostly grassy spaces, and regularly cleaned from excrements. Only for dogs, but who wants to walk among dogs?
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.