Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 08:59 PM

Re: Spiral ( season 7)

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Judge Roban is such a nice guy ,lonely too I think .
Maybe he will take up with the woman accused of manslaughter ?

I thought that when she walked into the bar and he paid for her drink. You knew then, she would appear in the series again.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2019, 11:44 AM

Episodes 3 and 4 two hours of pure enjoyment !
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 11:59 AM

Zuleika, Judge Roban, is a dark horse isn’t he? l found the scene of him kissing the doctor a bit awkward.

The detectives do a lot of surveillance and following people in their cars, surely the ones being followed could see them in their wing mirrors on their scooters?

I have always thought that the red haired solicitor, Josephine Karlsson is stunningly beautiful.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 01:14 AM

I've watched Spiral from the beginning. Because there is a gap between series, you have to refresh your memory on Wiki. Just seen the latest two episodes, and it's as good as ever. What I like about the actors is, they've all got lived in faces, especially Roban, so you can believe in the story as it unfolds. Certainly beats some of the dross, that some of our homegrown series throws up!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

11-11-2019, 07:04 PM

John, l agree...
What l like about the Spiral series, is that they create proper, believable characters.
They don’t have to use actresses with a trout pout and walk like they are on the cat walk. The leading actress in Spiral has a gawpy expression and walks like a duck.

They don’t use drop dead gorgeous, handsome, beautifully dressed men in flash cars. The lead detective in this, is dwarfish and looks like he needs a good wash.

All the characters are believable, even an older Mr Bean lookalike, Judge Rohan.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 06:40 PM

What a satisfactory finale but Gilou, you’re done for now so far as being a cop ,but lovely of you to take that decision.
Let’s hope somebody helps him in the next series, can’t bear not to see him again.
So Roban didn’t meet the lady again ? Maybe the next series will still show parts of his life after he retires ?
What lies ahead for a tired Josephine ?
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 11:28 AM

Yes it was a wonderful end to the series. The fact that two episodes are shown back to back, helps a lot. Lots of scope for further stories, it's just too good to leave it there.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 11:53 AM

I can't watch any programme with subtitles, it's distracts my eyes from the acting. Unless it's a Scottish drama of course then I need the subtitles on.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
I've watched Spiral from the beginning. What I like about the actors is, they've all got lived in faces, especially Roban, so you can believe in the story as it unfolds. Certainly beats some of the dross, that some of our homegrown series throws up!
The lack of new programming on TV and the paucity of genuinely "original" material on streaming services * has encouraged me to delve back into the "drama" archives of BBC and "Spiral" is one of the series that I have begun watching.

I would guess that I never watched it in 2006 because I had better things to do than watch a "Hill Street Blues" French rip-off with the lead roles apparently reversed.

Not so nowadays .....

The French, as we know, do almost everything "their" way and "Spiral" is no exception" - it may well be a "Hill Street Blues" French rip-off but its' very idiosyncracy makes it interesting.

I watched the first series (8 episodes) over 3 days because viewing continuity is required to make sense of the plots and sub-plots but was left dissatisfied with all the loose ends left at the end .....

I started the second series hoping to see the resolutions from the first series but was disappointed - nevertheless, the high production values (and low moral standards) have proved compelling .....

* Are streaming algorithms really damaging film?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56085924

Video streaming services have boomed during lockdown. Film director Martin Scorsese, in an essay for Harper's magazine, has warned that cinema is being "devalued... demeaned and reduced" by being thrown under the umbrella term "content".

He specifically criticised a lack of curation on streaming platforms, saying algorithms, which provide recommendations based on individual or collective viewing habits, are damaging the art form and "treat the viewer as a consumer and nothing else".

But just how do these algorithms work and are they really as culturally damaging as Scorsese suggests?

Algorithms work out what you're interested in and then give you more of it - using as many data points as they can get their hands on.

The entertainment industry increasingly relies on this concept to keep audiences watching.
Indeed ..... most "content" is just "more of the same" ..... ..... but that's whole new can of worms .....
Zuleika
North West UK

22-02-2021, 10:23 PM

I’ve just finished the last available series of the French series The Bureau Omah .
Can thoroughly recommend it . Throughout set in different countries .
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bureau_(TV_series)( click the lightbulb once you’re into the link)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top