Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2019, 11:46 AM

Official Enquiry

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...miliation.html

Can we have a say about this, not likely I think.

The comments show that those who did not take much or no interest in politics are now realising.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2019, 11:59 AM

Re: Official Enquiry

Since when have the political classes within the Westminster Bubble given the slightest consideration to what the tax paying public think or require?
Good luck to any group bent on changing ears deaf to what we want, despite our taxes that pay their over pumped salaries.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2019, 12:13 PM

Of all the articles and news reports I've heard and read over the last three years this must surely be the best and most challenging of them all Cinders...
Who is this bloke? He's got more sense than the whole of Westminster put together. I sincerely hope that such an enquiry will take place.....Just one question though......Who will chair it?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2019, 12:18 PM

Who indeed, doubt whether anybody is completely untainted.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

20-10-2019, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
Since when have the political classes within the Westminster Bubble given the slightest consideration to what the tax paying public think or require?
Good luck to any group bent on changing ears deaf to what we want, despite our taxes that pay their over pumped salaries.

My hope was briefly with Nigel Farage.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2019, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
My hope was briefly with Nigel Farage.
With his personal wealth clocking in above three million, I doubt if his true interest goes much further than adding to his pot. I will give him this though, without his UKIP Cameron would not have decided on his ill thought through referendum that lacked a plan B ..what an eejit!!
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2019, 03:15 PM

This looks like a good idea, but besides the problem of who will carry it out, there is the question of who will instigate it, since, with a few exceptions, MPs, the Media, and the Establishment in general are all Remainers, and I can't imagine them being very keen on such an enquiry

I remember, probably just over a year ago now, on one of the many TV discussions, when Brexit was getting really bogged down and messy, that one journalist made the comment that -

The problem with democracy is that it relies on the losing side to accept the result
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2019, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Of all the articles and news reports I've heard and read over the last three years this must surely be the best and most challenging of them all Cinders...
Who is this bloke? He's got more sense than the whole of Westminster put together. I sincerely hope that such an enquiry will take place.....Just one question though......Who will chair it?
ME !
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

20-10-2019, 04:30 PM

The problem with democracy is that it relies on the losing side to accept the result

Precisely, just this once the ignored masses who don't bother voting saw the chance to make a difference and it worked. Have voted since i was able to, now can see those who told me it was a waste of time were correct.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

20-10-2019, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
ME !
I would support you, Voters enquiry into British democracy .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top