Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 07:53 AM

Re: How much water in your kettle

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
My husband does the same thing.
There’s only 2 of us and he will full a 10 cup tea kettle fill to the top. I’ll add that he IS a fine man who puts up with me so can’t be all that bad.
He sounds just like Mr M
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Don't come crying to me when there's a water shortage.
I might have to boil my tears in that case.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 09:38 AM

This thread may have solved a long-running mystery. Whenever I make a coffee, it always tastes nice, whereas when Mrs LD makes one, it tastes extremely bland. This has gone on for years and she admits herself that her coffees are always horrible. We have even swapped notes on what we do, how much coffee we use, how much milk etc but it could all be down to the fact that she uses the water in the kettle rather than using fresh.

As the old 1940's film reel said ... 'Always use freshly drawn water.'
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 09:40 AM

My husband always fills the kettle up to the limit, I’ve told him about it many a time but it goes in one ear and out the other (not the water!!!)
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

05-06-2019, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
My husband always fills the kettle up to the limit, I’ve told him about it many a time but it goes in one ear and out the other (not the water!!!)
Go Mr Mags.... You have my full support!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

05-06-2019, 09:45 AM

Remember, only those who risk going too far know how far they can go.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Usually I have enough in the kettle for two large mugs and a bit to spare. It annoys me if I boil the kettle without checking and find I have not enough to fill the mugs.
That is me also.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 08:04 PM

I can’t bear an empty kettle. I fill mine up every time.
I find my tea tastes better from a full kettle than one with not much in.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I can’t bear an empty kettle. I fill mine up every time.
I find my tea tastes better from a full kettle than one with not much in.
ROTFL Art.

Me ,I put enough water in for 2 beakers (that’s what china ones are called ,not mugs) .
Always use freshly drawn water ,try not to waste it , have had to walk to a standpipe when there was a water shortage ,never forgotten
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
ROTFL Art.

Me ,I put enough water in for 2 beakers (that’s what china ones are called ,not mugs) .
Always use freshly drawn water ,try not to waste it , have had to walk to a standpipe when there was a water shortage ,never forgotten

Zuleika, You can roll on the floor again... but l swear the tea is not as hot from a kettle with little water in it!

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top