Join for free
Page 173 of 370 « First < 73 123 163 171 172 173 174 175 183 223 273 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 03:31 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by Missy ->
40 years of running, you deserve a medal

And as for Floydy and Sufermom, well you two need certifying lol

Joking, but I cant see me ever in a gym. I wouldn't have a clue where to start or what won't kill me

My work is pretty heavy. Im only 5ft and not only do I have to fill bags to either 10 or 15 kgs, I then have to lift them up to the scales which are already at my bust height so its pretty heavy. Also 30 kg crates which aren't so bad at waist height, but lifting from the floor and getting to work top height is a strain

Anyways I really was so very very tempted to bow out tonight. I was up at five for work after not getting to sleep till 3am, done 9 hours in the heat, it was touch and go for a while but my friend knocked and away we went.

Luckily she too was feeling it so we agreed just a quickie to loosen the muscles so it was just a 2.5 miler on the flat, well as flat as NI gets

Mind it was so lovely and cool out there tonight, if it weren't that we both had so much to get on with indoors, we could easily have carried on. We seriously had to talk ourselves out of it lol

So we are both resting now till Monday as we have a charity event tomorrow and then the weekends are busy for us both

The charity event is at our local restaurant , 4 mile away and we have been challenged to walk there - we are thinking on it
Missy, you would be surprised at how much you would enjoy exercising I n a gym environment. In your line of work and being used to lifting heavy bags all day, you would certainly have a very good head start above other newbies. Not that anyone is in competition with anyone; we all just do our own thing in the gym. Then again, you probably don't need any extra weight-bearing training other than what you do in your work (or on your homestead).

That charity event sounds a good idea though. Four miles isn't a long way for a walk. I'm sure you would enjoy it with some company to talk to
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
40 years of running, you deserve a medal
Actually I did get a medal Missy....
Together with Plates, Plaques and Mugs......

ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 01:56 PM

Wowee!!! Respect!!
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 02:01 PM

WOW

Thats some collection, Im in awe

Heres the start of mine

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Actually I did get a medal Missy....
Together with Plates, Plaques and Mugs......

Wow Bob! that is some collection .... well done to you!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 02:42 PM

I'm certifiable, alright, Missy! I sure like the way you opted for a 2.5 miler as opposed to taking the day off. That's a beauty of a medal and now a reminder of the challenge that got you back into the swing! Thanks for sharing it It's great you can run late day. As the evening temperatures are around 33C with 85% humidity, about the only place I can run is at the sportsplex where the lights remain on when there are games. I would rather do that then run on a "dreadmill".

OGF, isn't it hard to run with all those medals around your neck?That some kind of history! I really do hope that you make something special of your run this year. Very neat to see all of the artifacts from your events. My trophies more in the form of worn out shoes, knee braces, doctor bills, . Really glad to se you out there in the Yorkshire countryside reclaiming your territory. Those farm dogs have been smuggle sitting around thinking that they ran you off.....

Floydy, I'm very pleased to hear about the blood tests...but if if happens again, you might consider patterns in your behavior - sleep, drinking water, etc. that might be culprits.
yes it was a most interesting place and those young military men are not messing around. I also notice that there is none of that business of hogging machines and weights. They are as serious a judge and get right on with it. While I am enjoying going there while I am waiting to get back to running, I really like the solitude of my running places.

As running places go, my least favorite is the track in the sportsplex near my house. It's a beautiful, but running in circles? I do that enough in my day-to-day activities . Still it is a very soft surface and so I gave it a go to do some walking and try just a teeny-tiny bit of jogging. I found that if under-pronated and stepped lightly I could get my heart rate up for a minute before going back to walking. So, under the palm lined oval and a tangerine sun setting in the distance, I gave it a go, encouraged by the nesting osprey screeching overhead. I will behave and not push it too far, but it did feel good to try some semblance of moving for a change.

It's Friday! What's everyone doing? I'm off to a World Cup get together and then it's a loooooooooong cycling session tomorrow. I love Summer!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 10:45 PM

Thanks Ruthio, Missy, Mags and Surfermom.....
Something to show the grandkids of what's left of forty years of running, it sure was fun collecting them, and every one sparks off a story........But don't worry...I'm not going to start rambling......

The medals don't come out very often and I keep promising myself that one day I'll make a display case for them, but it's at the bottom of a very long list of things to do....Perhaps this fortieth year might be the year.

So reverting back to the reason Floydy started this thread; My record breaking streak continued this morning with a very warm trundle round my five mile course. The only time I wasn't kicking up dust from the sun baked lane was as I jogged through the overspray from a desperate farmer trying to save his carrots with an industrial size sprinkler.

I assumed that after running on consecutive days, today would just be case of struggling round at any pace. How surprised I was when I stopped the watch almost thirty seconds faster than yesterday......
Those farm dogs should be getting ready for the chase of their lives....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2018, 08:45 AM

Just popping in to belatedly congratulate Bob on his 40 years of running I was going to mention this as part of my write-up later, but feel compelled to now as I'm late
Those medals are awesome and true recognition of a man who has put the effort into his exercise and fitness regime over so many years. Well done mate

I missed my training yesterday. Why on earth would I want to thrash myself stupid in a hot, humid gym when it's absolutely gorgeous outside and I could be relaxing after working? That wouldn't make sense would it? I'm not lazy, just practical
Suzie - Just a mention also on your advice of getting my sleep pattern and diet in order...that's already par the course for me as it has been since I began working these bloody night shifts over twelve years ago. I always do the best I can pending ability to sleep in this weather and slight relapses with a pint in the sun. Nothing to worry about, I'm still doing well with my fitness and health

However, I'm starting early today to get there while it should still be relatively cool inside that place and commence my intensive weekend session. Back soon.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

07-07-2018, 09:54 AM

Thanks Floydy, your comments are much appreciated, and coming from a man who has had the same dedication as me over the years, it means a lot....

Although I've loved every minute of every run and don't regret one single moment, I find that now I have found a new dimension to my running. With nothing to train for anymore I can run just because I like running and enjoy other areas of my life sometimes neglected in the past. Running marathons is easy, it's the big chunk of your life that the training requires, including the tiredness when you're not out on the road.

It reminds me of the farmer who didn't have any spare time to go to church, so the priest said:- "Do what I tell you and I will find you the time"....But I know you have all heard that story before.....

Well done Floydy for going down the Gym before it gets too hot. I use the same logic for running. Go as early in the morning as I can while it's cool. But I've always gone early because I find it's often the best part of the day, and I can't eat anything until my run is completed, then it's 'No Limits'.....

I must admit though, that I'd rather run in the heat than the cold. There's something satisfying about pitching yourself against the elements and surviving. Sure it hurts sometimes, but it makes you feel alive........
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

07-07-2018, 12:16 PM

Well said Bob. What goes around comes around as they say and your determination to not give up over those couple of months of problems you faced has truly paid off bud. You have many, many more miles of running still to come matey boy

Even though I was at the gym just after 10am, this morning’s session was stifingly hot even with the air con on (which depended where you were at the time) and I attacked (or ‘shuffled’ to each exercise with rather less enthusiasm than was necessary for a full-on workout. Nevertheless most of my proposed plans were carried out, although I cut things short and decided to do the remaining exercises tomorrow with my legs session.

Saturday, 7/6/18:
(All weights in kgs; h/r = high reps)

DB bench press:
10x22, 8x26, 6x28

Smith shoulder press:
10x30, 8x40, 6x45

Smith flat bench press:
6x60, 4x70
25x30 h/r

Shoulder press:
12x40, 8x60, 6x70, 6x80

Chest press:
12x50, 10x60, 8x70, 6x80
25x35 h/r

Pec dec:
50x30 h/r

Lat pulldown, hammer bar:
10x50, 10x60, 6x70
25x35 h/r

Seated row:
25x35, 15x41

Tricep pushdowns:
50x15, 25x20 h/r

Tricep extensions:
10x40, 10x50, 10x60
25x30 h/r

Time: 1hr. 15mins.

On a cooler day (and if I were a younger man) I know I could have done my full session, but with the heat draining my every rep and constantly looking outside wondering why I wasn’t in the sun instead of crucifying myself in that sweatbox, I retired for the morning and hit the rays ready for the footie at the pub later.

So tomorrow it's my Sunday legs session, plus some work I omitted from today. Again, I'm hoping for an early session.

Thanks for reading

Page 173 of 370 « First < 73 123 163 171 172 173 174 175 183 223 273 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top