Join for free
Page 491 of 737 « First < 391 441 481 489 490 491 492 493 501 541 591 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 10:40 AM

Re: Things that annoy you!

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Mrs Fox says I can get my appetite outside as long as I eat at home Tabby.....
That's not a bad deal Foxy. I'm on a tight leash....

..but that's enough said about that.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

Quite right, too.
We had a word with Mrs. Dongle.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 04:58 PM

Mrs Fox says I have to eat at home but these days I just have a sandwich and I have to make it myself....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Mrs Fox says I have to eat at home but these days I just have a sandwich and I have to make it myself....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

13-09-2019, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Quite right, too.
We had a word with Mrs. Dongle.
Spoiling my fun.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 05:49 PM

I have no idea if this has been written about in here before, but I'm not about to' loose the will to live by trawling all the way back to find out . . what really annoys me?

Smart Phones and those who bring them into my home and then proceed to keep checking/using them while they share my company.
Yes I have a mobile phone (as does Mrs LongDriver), but they are non smart and have all the facilities we need from radio to music player as well as the ability to make/receive calls and send/receive SMS text messages. Another advantage as I see it is its charge holding capacity .. I charge on average once every 12 days to two weeks. My children and grandchildren have to charge their smartphones every night.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

13-09-2019, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
I have no idea if this has been written about in here before, but I'm not about to' loose the will to live by trawling all the way back to find out . . what really annoys me?

Smart Phones and those who bring them into my home and then proceed to keep checking/using them while they share my company.
Yes I have a mobile phone (as does Mrs LongDriver), but they are non smart and have all the facilities we need from radio to music player as well as the ability to make/receive calls and send/receive SMS text messages. Another advantage as I see it is its charge holding capacity .. I charge on average once every 12 days to two weeks. My children and grandchildren have to charge their smartphones every night.
What's more annoying is that we are gradually all being forced into owning one if we want to take part in the modern World.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 06:56 PM

I'm absolutely content with living in the way I do now without a smart phone and at 76 I cant see me changing my opinion.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->

I can guarantee LongDriver that should you invite me to your home for a drink and a meal, my old clamshell phone will remain silent....

Welcome to the forum by the way.....

PS:- I'm free on Wednesday's and Friday's....And have been described as an optimist.....
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 09:06 PM

What's more annoying is that we are gradually all being forced into owning one if we want to take part in the modern World.
I had one for many years - a business phone. It meant that I was on call 24/7. When I retired a few tears ago I decided that I didn't want another. But I walked the dog in places where my dear wife thought I might get set upon. So, against my wishes, she got me one. El cheapo - I think it cost ten quid from Argos.

I never use it. I don't even know where the charger is.

Page 491 of 737 « First < 391 441 481 489 490 491 492 493 501 541 591 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top