Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 08:22 AM

New Years Day Sunday

Good morning everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw1vvGYHQBw

Another day but with a difference, it is the first day of a new year,the day is still dark, damp and cold and mother natures creatures are looking for their morning food, it is not a new year to them it is just another day where they have to survive.

Plans for today, rest to recover from a late night followed by lunch at a local establishment then an afternoon of relaxation with a book and a bit of company with Mr Hennessey.

As the fresh year starts in ernest
All that is left for me to do
Is to wish a Happy New Year
To each and everyone of you.

Stay safe not sorry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BH67...eature=related
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 08:31 AM

Re: New Years Day Sunday

Good Morning Bob and All And hope each of you will have a Guid Year ahead of you.

Very quiet here, although the flat in the close at the side of the building I am on (gable end) decided to waken everyone up with their loud music at 5.20 am this morning. I was not amused! Wouldn't have been so bad had it been the traditional Scottish music but all that "beat" stuff - garage music I think it is called - is blooming awful! Stopped now - probably all fell asleep!!

Love those links Bob, I love both artists - Abba and Shirley Bassey - many thanks, cheered me up!!

Have a great New Year's Day everyone.

Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 08:37 AM

Morning Rosemary, you can always have forty winks in the arm chair if PJ and Soochie will let you, I know Loki would as long as he has had a walk.

Happy New Year
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 09:00 AM

A very good morning and a Happy New Year to all friends on the forum..

A brisk walk at Clumber Park for us and the dogs shortly, with just soup and a roll for lunch then in the cafe there.. Very mild this morning but forecast wet and windy later, so may curl up with a book this afternoon in front of the fire.

Best wishes to all that aren't on their best form, I hope that your ailments ease before too long.

Take care everyone and hey, let's be careful out there in 2012...

Barry
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 09:13 AM

Morning everyone, happy new year to all very damp here and dark, daughter has study for exams so it will be a quiet day here.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 09:36 AM

Good morning all and a very Happy New Year to you.

Dark and damp here too but at least no snow, makes you wonder what we're in for in the coming months.

Have a lovely day everyone
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 10:20 AM

Good morning eveyone and a Happy New Year to you and hope that not too many of you have a bad head

Its a dull day here and a bit wet, have just had hailstones which sent Sasha flying in to the house, she was not amused

Apart from walking Bonnie shortly have nothing much planned for today, going to take it easy after spending all day driving home yesterday. Enjoy your day
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 10:29 AM

A very good morning to everyone a bright dry day today , there was no one around when I took Chloe for her early walk.

Not a lot planned for today, I like to mark up my new calender on NYD with birthdays etc so I don't forget any so that is a job for later. That's about exciting as it gets today which suite me fine

Have a lovely day whatever you decide to do..
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

Not a lot planned for today, I like to mark up my new calender on NYD with birthdays etc so I don't forget any so that is a job for later. That's about exciting as it gets today which suite me fine
I almost forgot about that, thanks for reminding me Meg, for that is something I always do too -makes us sound very organised doesn't it!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 11:50 AM

'morning AB and all above and below

We still have a little scattering of snow here and there but nothing compared to what we normally have at this time of year, but of course the really heavy stuff usually comes in February.

In past years there's been fireworks about two miles away which upset Baruska so this year we decided to keep the telly on and turn up the volume, she barked at the screen a few times but overall was much calmer and happier so I think we'll do that next year, if she's still with us by then.

OH always tells me that whatever we do today will set the rules for the rest of the year, think I might go back to bed then

Best wishes to all.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top