Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2021, 08:25 PM

Green Woodpecker (video)

taken through a window

Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2021, 09:26 PM

Re: Green Woodpecker (video)

Have you thought of approaching David Attenborough to do the voice over, speedy?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2021, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Have you thought of approaching David Attenborough to do the voice over, speedy?
I think he would struggle with this one, Harbal...I always thought woodpeckers made holes in trees, not the ground! Maybe its a tad confused?

RS, good shot though...I haven't seen a woodpecker in real life, only heard them.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2021, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->

RS, good shot though...I haven't seen a woodpecker in real life, only heard them.
Yes, they can be quite loud, but in this instance, the camera is noisier than the woodpecker.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2021, 10:32 PM

Yes, they can be quite loud, but in this instance, the camera is noisier than the woodpecker.
Well the woodpecker was pecking the grass, it looked like to me, and maybe a twig? Trees are far more....what's the word....reverberant?
Harbal
South Yorkshire

23-05-2021, 10:38 PM

Well the woodpecker was pecking the grass, it looked like to me, and maybe a twig?
I guess it just isn't a very ambitious woodpecker, Pixie.

Trees are far more....what's the word....reverberant?
I think that's exactly the right word.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

23-05-2021, 10:41 PM

They seem to be the type of bird that like to look busy, but doesn't get much done. A bit like an office worker shuffling papers around, haha!
Harbal
South Yorkshire

23-05-2021, 10:47 PM

They seem to be the type of bird that like to look busy, but doesn't get much done. A bit like an office worker shuffling papers around, haha!
Only more photogenic.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

23-05-2021, 10:48 PM

Only more photogenic.
Who? The office folk or the woodpecker?
Harbal
South Yorkshire

23-05-2021, 10:56 PM

Who? The office folk or the woodpecker?
The woodpecker, obviously.

And I don't think woodpeckers have to attend pointless meetings; that's another difference.

On the other hand, I bet that, once trained up, they are capable of achieving a phenomenal typing speed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top