Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2009, 07:17 PM

The real DeTox

Many of you have probably heard me harp on about this detox I did a few years back. Well here it is

It's a pre-typed out jobby, as I get loads of people asking about it and I simply email them a copy of it, so am pasting a copy here.

If you try it, please let us know how you get on, so far everyone who I know who's given it a proper shot has noticed a big difference in how they feel

ALLOWED

Cauliflower
Carrots
Peas
Cabbage
Broccoli
Sliced Beans
Broad Beans
Sweet corn
Onions
Cucumber
Lettuce
Salad
Celery
Bean Sprouts
Butter Beans
Chick Peas
Lentils
Pears
Apples

Rye
Corn
Oats (if you get arthritic pain, avoid)
Barley
Brown Rice
Natural Nuts (almonds etc)

Chicken
Turkey
Beef
Lamb
Eggs (Organic only)
Fish
Natural WATER!

MODERATE

Wheat
Lemon
Prawns
Aubergine
Bananas
Potatoes

AVOID

Milk
Sugar
Cheese
Yeast
Tea
Coffee
Chocolate
MSG (Monosodium Glutamate)
Mixed Moulds
Tomatoes
Mushrooms
Dust mites
Pre-packaged Meals
Alcohol
Oranges (although I used to eat them!)
Sprouts

Some Notes…

This is the same Detox that I did myself a few years ago. I get lots and lots of people asking about it so I thought I should type it out.

If you’re reading this then you are obviously more than just interested, which is great. When I decided to try it, I was told to stick to it to best I could as ‘breaking’ it would mean having to start from day one again, meaning all that hard work would be wasted so don't be tempted to have a cream cake end of week one!! As you can't have a 'break' and continue on with this detox, it's kind of all or nothing.

Remember that the Detox isn’t just about what you eat, it’s also about what we ‘intake’ in our day to day lives, such as toothpastes and shampoos for example. We really do have to watch everything that goes into our bodies, whether that’s through the mouth, nose or via skin absorption.

Basically we are trying to ‘undo’ the ‘badness’ that has built up into our system (toxins) through the years, and by cutting out all the 'crap' we give our bodies a chance to not only benefit from not having to deal with that 'crap' but to repair and recover from the years of abuse it's had to suffer from it.

Items in the avoid list should be avoided at all costs!! Check the ingredients list of all purchases – make sure none of the items to be avoided are there. At all!

Items in the moderate list can be eaten/used up to twice a week.

Items in the allowed list can be eaten anytime and as much as wanted!

A good quality multi vitamin is sometimes recommended (older people may want to consider calcium supplements too). Deodorants that contain alcohol or aluminium must not be used (daily baths/showers work just as good – especially as the toxins reduce over time). Most non-natural deodorants contain unwanted chemicals so as a safeguard, don’t use them. Do not use perfumes or aftershaves – if you must, get some natural aromatherapy oils instead. Do not use fluoride toothpaste – instead get fluoride-free (Boots and Sainsbury’s do their own). Men: you can use cold water as aftershave - remb the job of an aftershave is to close the pores after shaving, and cold water does that better than anything else.

An important part of any Detox is Water intake. Aim to drink 2 litres of Natural bottled (not tap) water a day. In the first week drink half a litre a day, in the 2nd week drink 1 litre a day and from the third week on 2 litres a day (if you feel any pain in your tummy area, reduce the water intake, and if you are worried about the pain see your doctor). Obviously you will be peeing a lot more as you are drinking more!

How long should a Detox last? It’s a general suggestion to try the detox for at least a month. If you feel it’s of no benefit to you then simply go back to your own diet (re-introduce foods one at a time, one food item per week). I kept on the detox myself until I reached the point that I was feeling as good as I was going to feel (everyday I felt better than yesterday! And when that stagnated, it felt like I had detoxified ). But timewise, I actually did it for around two years and at that peak I felt the best I had ever felt, even better than when I was a kid! It's not just one element of your life it effects, it touches almost all aspects, mental wellbeing, physical health, concentration levels, intelligence etc etc

I hope this helps you as much as it helped me and I wish you lots of luck!!

Always make sure you get medical advice from your doctor before starting any new diet, the above is by no means any professional or recommended ‘advice’, it is just what I did myself and has been reproduced purely at the request of others.
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2009, 08:12 PM

Re: The real DeTox

That's interesting Azz. And yes, I try to avoid the dust mites at all costs - being asthmatic.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2009, 09:49 PM

Admire you for sticking to it, but do not think I could....!
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2009, 10:15 PM

Looking at your daily intake Moli, I would suggest that your energy levels could drop considerably in the late afternoon which could be a reason why the jigsaw takes longer, or it could be your eyes are more tired.
Lou
UK
Lou is female  Lou has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2009, 12:30 AM

AVOID

Milk
Sugar
Cheese
Yeast
Tea
Coffee
Chocolate
Mixed Moulds
Tomatoes
Mushrooms
Dust mites
Pre-packaged Meals
Alcohol
Sprouts

The only thing I couldn't avoid out of all that, is coffee I suppose I could if I tried hard enough Oh and the cheese for my weekend pizza....Not sure I could give that up! x
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2009, 02:48 AM

Wow, Azz, I thought I was doing fine until I got to the Avoid section: too many of them are on my regular menu!

Milk X
Sugar
CheeseX
Yeast
Tea X
Coffee
Chocolate
Mixed Moulds
Tomatoes X
Mushrooms X
Dust mites
Pre-packaged Meals
Alcohol X
Sprouts -both bean and Brussels X

X = I eat regularly! But except for arthritis I'm as healthy as a horse, so not going to make dietary changes. Thanks for posting that, very interesting!!
angieh
Hampshire, UK

14-08-2009, 12:03 PM

What is a "mixed mould"?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2009, 02:29 AM

Guess what guys - I'm back on this

Not 100% tho, but definitely better than what I have been doing of late (eating naughty things like roly poly pudding with custard!)

Originally Posted by angieh ->
What is a "mixed mould"?
Stuff like dried fruit - or anything that's been left to dry out (i.e. allow 'mould' to form).
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2009, 07:52 AM

Why are sprouts on the avoid list and not cabbages? I would have thought that they were the same family. I couldn't do a detox at the moment as I am eating everything in sight, always do when stressed out!

I agree about the shampoos and deodorants, when you read the contents its scarey.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2009, 10:32 AM

Azz, can you give us an example of a typical full day's menu when you are on a serious detox?

Do you feel hungry whilst on it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top