Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
oxymoron47
Australia
oxymoron47 is male  oxymoron47 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 08:03 AM

Re: Miracle foods...

Best miracle food is a single malt scotch whisky. It doesn't make you healthier. It just makes you feel better about how you are.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
It just seems to consist of naturally occurring sugars which you can get from certain foods anyway. Also, if the fat round your heart is "invisible" how can it help dissolve it? Call me a cynic but I'd not buy anything based on a celebrity endorsement. Still - good luck.

I found this article about invisible/ hidden fat around the heart.

http://www.healthcentral.com/heart-d...37/hidden-fat/
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 09:21 AM

You should read this article to imo

http://www.naturalnews.com/022356_in...gredients.html

In general I would never believe ANY food fad recommendation from mainstream TV, there is always an agenda. Particularly true for the celebrity chefs who in most cases are supporting supermarkets. Do you own research always.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 09:35 AM

A bit like all the hype about probiotic breakfast dinks a few years ago.
The fact is there was more to be had from eating things like broccoli that those silly drinks.

A well rounded diet with excercise and enjoying life is the best way to go,, imo.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 09:37 AM

Miracle foods... ?

No such thing....you've been conned again !
How much did it cost you ?
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 09:48 AM

Miracle foods is there any such thing. I think unless you went through the same testing that Angela Ripon and the other presenter did then how will you know if it is working or not. Also not keen on taking anything with extra side effects.

I am never keen on taking any tablets/potions unless I really have to. Think I will stick to eating all the fruit and vegetables on offer.

Sorry Carol if this works for you then good on ya.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 10:27 AM

Yeah maybe I've been conned with the inulin - £12 for a 227 gm (8oz) bottle.
I shall have to have a few strict words with Angela Rippon! lol

Oh well - I don't suppose anybody will criticise me for eating loads of walnuts will they?
At least they are natural!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

27-04-2016, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
You should read this article to imo

http://www.naturalnews.com/022356_in...gredients.html

In general I would never believe ANY food fad recommendation from mainstream TV, there is always an agenda. Particularly true for the celebrity chefs who in most cases are supporting supermarkets. Do you own research always.
Realist I just read your link and can't say I'm impressed with it.
Especially at the bottom of the article 'About the author' A disabled woman in a wheelchair has to take morphine to get out of her chair.
She changes her diet to whole foods and guess what? She throws away all he medication - She doesn't need a wheelchair anymore - not even a walking cane - she loses a lot of weight and returns to work.

All because she changed her eating pattern?

Yeah - pull the other one!!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 11:06 AM

I do smile. I like a thing called kerela/bitter gourd. It is reputed to be good for diabetes. Even in the Asian stores the price is going up and up and on line the cost is silly-£9.99 for one???:
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Realist I just read your link and can't say I'm impressed with it.
Especially at the bottom of the article 'About the author' A disabled woman in a wheelchair has to take morphine to get out of her chair.
She changes her diet to whole foods and guess what? She throws away all he medication - She doesn't need a wheelchair anymore - not even a walking cane - she loses a lot of weight and returns to work.

All because she changed her eating pattern?

Yeah - pull the other one!!
Your health is centred quite significantly on the state of your gut and the foods you eat. That's because all the minerals, nutrients, elements that your body needs to function well and to function properly are coming from your digestive ability.

If you put the wrong things into your stomach you can compromise the whole works, even if you don't feel that different at the time. Once the gut flora begins to be degraded all sorts of health problems can arise and those problems then lead to other problems.

It is not at all surprising nor outrageous that someone can completely reverse an adverse health condition just by correcting diet and thereby correcting/rebalancing gut flora.

The walnuts of course are a great source of many beneficial things and therein lies the clue to things like shop bought Inulin. Nature creates produce that has a complex mix of minerals, nutrients, active ingredients and compounds and they all work together symbiotically (is that the right word?).

So picking apart Natures miracles and extracting just one single element is not Nature's way and therefore unlikely to be beneficial to us and in many cases is horribly bad for us.

We've extracted just the sucrose from sugar cane which is terrible for us.

We've extracted high-fructose corn syrup from corn starch which is terrible for us.

Nature knows best and Nature isn't a megalomaniac business corporation whose sole purpose is to con you out of money by selling you fake synthetic products.

Health comes from realising we are creatures of Nature, not creatures of Glaxo-Smith Kline. Healing goes the same way.

Eat what Nature has provided naturally and health will be ours.

Ignore any and all media nonsense to the contrary and be especially careful when you see TV pundits you currently deem to be respectable peers, touting manufactured foods.

Celebrities are very fickle, their income comes from media exposure and most are absolutely desperate to find any way at all to get it no matter how unwholesome.

They will try to get you to eat bad things, slap bad stuff on your face to look young, put your money into silly pension plans and all manner of things. Ignore them all.

Nature knows best. Nature is free. The mega-corps don't like that as it makes no money for them.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top