Join for free
Page 7 of 23 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2020, 05:13 PM

Re: Bike ride

Hello Amac - Riding an ordinary bike after riding an electric one does feel a bit like riding with the brakes on. Not too bad after the first mile though because you get more used to it again.

I think part of riding a bike is being able to get out and enjoy the countryside, so even if you only ride an electric one, there is that aspect to it. I tend to ride an ordinary bike to try and stay fit for as long as possible but if I've got to go to a shop or other place for a purpose, I use the electric one.

My e-bike doesn't have as many gears as the bikes you hired. It has 7 at the back but only crank motor at the front with 4 levels of electric assistance. It can be ridden with no assistance but it is a bit heavy and I mostly ride it at level 1 all the time ..more on the hills.

Hi Emjay - I thought about getting an exercise bike when the first lockdown happened. I didn't in the end and just did steps up and down for exercise. I think it must take quite a bit of discipline to keep going on an exercise bike because it's always possible to stop if you get too tired. Not possible when out somewhere on an ordinary bike because you have to get back home again.

The videos sound a good way of keeping going. I'll have a look at some.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2020, 12:02 PM

Now this was a nice ride yesterday. I am going on a ride around Newyork later.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	C4B77D08-6998-4A49-9084-1E71E6F3AE8F.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	13874  
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2020, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
Now this was a nice ride yesterday. I am going on a ride around Newyork later.
Ooh! I would like that Emjay!
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 09:05 AM

New York. Now where shall I go today. Rome maybe? That could bring back memories.

Why is it upside down. It’s not Australia.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	466B9395-0B00-4227-9A63-C83E70F3341F.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	13884  
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 10:22 PM

Tomorrow a decision will be made which E-Bike to buy.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Tomorrow a decision will be made which E-Bike to buy.
Will you buy locally? I thought I would so that I had somewhere to take the bike in case of faults. I'm glad I did because it did give trouble at first. The battery charger often wouldn't wouldn't work. Sorted out with a firmware update that was done in the shop after a visit from the bike manufacturer's rep.

If I'd bought off the Internet, it would have been much more trouble to get it sorted out.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 09:59 PM

No, sorry, I did not explain well enough. The thought is to buy a kit, for the existing mountain bike (1000 watts), or buy a designed E-Bike, missed an auction today, because I was busy buying other stuff, will have to concentrate more.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

15-10-2020, 11:54 AM

I have ridden 10.5 miles on the ordinary bike again today. I feel quite a bit more knackered than usual and think I know why.

I did most of the ride with a mask on. The mask has the addition of a distancing piece that fits inside. This prevents it from being drawn into the face when breathing hard. Although this allows for more airflow, it still isn't possible to get the air needed to cycle up hills ..or even on the flat come to that. The result is that today's ride was much harder work.

The trouble is that hardly anyone else wears a mask and it isn't always possible to be any distance away, so I feel I at least need to wear one. It's a problem for continued riding.

I could be wrong of course and I'm just plain getting too old for riding that distance on the ordinary mountain bike.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

15-10-2020, 03:30 PM

Ok, had my mind made up for me, last night the Daughter said there is a E-Bike on Amazon, on offer for £299.00, I said its probably a small wheeled commuter or something, no she said, its a full size Mountain Bike type. Just as she passed me her phone to have a look, the deal was ended, transpires it was reduced from £800+. Today I purchased a 48V, 1000W rear wheel kit to convert my Mountain Bike, now I am looking for the best deal on a 48V, 17amp hour Li-ion battery and charger
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

15-10-2020, 10:32 PM

A pity to have missed the e-bike deal. I'd be interested to get your opinion on the conversion when it's done and to see a photo.

Page 7 of 23 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top