Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 11:02 PM

Dog and Cat food

Some owners perhaps already know, but there is going to be a shortage of wet dog/cat foods in the shops. No idea why?

Luckily I always keep a good stock of it, but I saw in Pets at Home a few days ago that they had a notice up and were limiting purchases to stop people clearing the shelves like they did with the loo rolls a while back.

Thought I'd tell you so's you don't let your stocks get too low.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 11:44 PM

Re: Dog and Cat food

I wonder why ?
Thanks for this Mups.
I feed my dog on raw food at least three times a week . I buy lambs hearts which he loves .
He doesn’t like dry food much so I make it more tasty for him with added wet food or gravy yes I spoil my dog . He’s is not in any case a food oriented dog except for human junk food!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2021, 12:31 AM

Our dogs eat people food also. 50% vegetables , 50% meat recommended by their holistic vet. They love chicken hearts & livers, but get beef, pork, chicken, turkey and sometimes fish like halibut, cod or salmon. BUT I love that our dogs are spoiled. They mean the world to us.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2021, 06:13 AM

Diva dog eats Wainwrights wet food, plus a bit of whatever Mr P is eating (he gives her her own plate) I got her those big buttons that dogs press so they can let you know what they want by pressing them with their paw. I got about 6 of them to cover each activity - going out, play, dinner etc...trouble is she got bored of them apart from "biscuit" one. She bashed that until the battery ran out! I didn't replace them, heh!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2021, 07:34 AM

Apparently Whiskas (Mars), currently made in US is considering moving to China - so, if it happens, that will be off the menu in my house.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2021, 07:34 PM

Cat food in particular has been a problem for a while now in the supermarkets. The shelves are generally empty. Interestingly, we were at Pets at Home yesterday and they were not imposing any restrictions. Additionally, Felix have changed all their packaging and made the boxes even smaller than the last time they made them smaller.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2021, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Apparently Whiskas (Mars), currently made in US is considering moving to China - so, if it happens, that will be off the menu in my house.
Too right. I can only imagine what the Chinese might stick in there.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2021, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Too right. I can only imagine what the Chinese might stick in there.

A few dead bats for a start!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

17-04-2021, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
A few dead bats for a start!
That wouldn't surprise me Mups.
Katherine Lynn
New Member!
Toronto, Canada
Katherine Lynn is female 

21-04-2021, 04:18 PM

Hi There! There are lots of reasons for short supplies during COVID. Raw materials being deliverable, Manufacturers operating to full capacity, shortages of staff, new legislation at borders, Closures, Lockdowns etc. Even a few very large pet food brands are limiting production of their less popular items and focusing solely on their best sellers etc

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top