Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 10:00 AM

Re: Knife Crime

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Well let's be honest, we all know where this started, even the black community itself admits that but it seems our politicians will not back them because they are too scared of being called racist by the do gooders and then losing their jobs.

There are plenty of black community leaders and campaigners that are really doing their best to stop knife crime but they are not getting the support they need from politicians, the courts and police.
To be fair not just the communities made up of African schwartzers or mulattoes but much more from the influx of West Indian "Yardies" and especially with immigrants from Arab countries but now the knife has become a means of communication across the board.

Now knives have become a thing that for many people is as much an item of dress as a pair of shoes.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
To be fair not just the communities made up of African schwartzers or mulattoes but much more from the influx of West Indian "Yardies" and especially with immigrants from Arab countries but now the knife has become a means of communication across the board.

Now knives have become a thing that for many people is as much an item of dress as a pair of shoes.
Yes, it is becoming more 'across the board' because the white trouble makers now want to join these gangs because it makes them look tough. They don't realise that once you are in, there's no way out. It is widely reported that a lot of youths carry a knife for protection and I can understand that. Perhaps if I was a teenager now, I would carry a knife too. No one can rely on the police to protect them any more.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 10:43 AM

How times have changed. I can remember when every schoolboy carried a pocket knife but the thought of stabbing someone with it never entered our minds. The knife was for sharpening pencils, carving our names in tree trunks, Cutting ash twigs and making whistles out of them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
How times have changed. I can remember when every schoolboy carried a pocket knife but the thought of stabbing someone with it never entered our minds. The knife was for sharpening pencils, carving our names in tree trunks, Cutting ash twigs and making whistles out of them.
Yes, that's how times have changed Ben, for the worse.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 10:55 AM

The moral compass has been disintegrated . Drugs, Alcohol, Money Laundering, Child Abuse, People Trafficking Knife Crime. plus a lot more.

How ? Is it because there are too many people, is it because we now have specific influences from foreign cultures , is it because we as a nation have lost our way, is it because we hear more about these things or is it because we can't give little Johnny a slap any longer or wash his mouth out with soap OR is it because there are too many latch key kids being left to their own devices after school while mum is at work ? Mum' s used to be at home to welcome their children after school, they can't do that now.

Something within society has gone badly wrong, but I can't see the reason for youngsters carrying knives for protection . That is a poor excuse, and those who do are obviously carrying with intent to use it, which is a serious crime.
Better to stay out of harms way than to tempt fate.

Saying that, my daughter was held up at knifepoint in her bed when she was at university . They broke in (two of them) early Sunday morning about 7am. looking for someone who had previously lived there, but they terrified her and her friend who was in the next room and took a lot of stuff .
The police ? Never heard anymore from them, even though the criminals had her phone and they could trace it. ( as they did immediately after the crime)
That of course, didn't hit the news... so how many more such crimes don't even get heard about ?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
There is only one answer, if people carry weapons with the intention of harming or killing people, capital punishment should return.

It hasn't taken long for these sorts people to learn that, if you take another's life and get caught, you only have to spend time in prison. I doubt many of them leave prison as decent, peace loving human beings, so if we want to decrease these murders, lets show them how their victims felt.
Of course. I wonder how much longer it will be, and how much more knife crime will increase, before the powers-that-be come to realise that the return of capital punishment is the only solution.

- It deters.
- It ensures that the perpetrators will never kill again.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
The moral compass has been disintegrated . Drugs, Alcohol, Money Laundering, Child Abuse, People Trafficking Knife Crime. plus a lot more.

How ? Is it because there are too many people, is it because we now have specific influences from foreign cultures , is it because we as a nation have lost our way, is it because we hear more about these things or is it because we can't give little Johnny a slap any longer or wash his mouth out with soap OR is it because there are too many latch key kids being left to their own devices after school while mum is at work ? Mum' s used to be at home to welcome their children after school, they can't do that now.
All of the above!

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Saying that, my daughter was held up at knifepoint in her bed when she was at university . They broke in (two of them) early Sunday morning about 7am. looking for someone who had previously lived there, but they terrified her and her friend who was in the next room and took a lot of stuff .
The police ? Never heard anymore from them, even though the criminals had her phone and they could trace it. ( as they did immediately after the crime)
That of course, didn't hit the news... so how many more such crimes don't even get heard about ?
That's appalling, but predictable.
I'm afraid we can't rely on the police these days.
Perhaps we should all arm ourselves in order to remain safe in our own homes.

Seriously, I have said before that I believe that possession of firearms should be legal with only two restrictions:
- they may only be kept for use at home and within our own properties; and
- anyone with a criminal record should not be allowed to keep any firearm.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 11:20 AM

Use of knives to the extent that it now takes place is an import.

Knives used to be carried and occasionally used along with some other nasties. But having decided to welcome all "cultures" there's some that used knives as a means of communication.

It's caught on.

Solution?

IMO a multiple approach is needed. Short term open season on the most probable low lives to carry weapons and get medieval on the arses of anyone found tooled up. That will mean targeting certain groups. Big deal. There's no point fishing where the fish ain't likely to be.

First step reclaim OUR streets.

Unfortunately that will mean more police. If it hadn't been necessary to divert resources from the Old Bill to unconventional police in order to constantly watch around 8000 people considered to be a danger to us (yes, 8000!) then we would have a lot more police on the streets.
Targeting motorists is far easier and more lucrative.
Of course we have to profile .
It's like searching OAPS at the airport and confiscating their toothpaste .

The police have some idea who are criminals and without being racist many are east European or other ethic groups .

Unfortunately these are so often vicious and dangerous and will be let off ( instead of deported or banged up )by the hand wringing represented by shameless lawyers and /or stupid judiciary.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 12:13 PM

Hi

Some simple facts of life,

We have some amazing computer systems here in the UK.

Absolutely brilliant, targeted response and prevention.

I spent 4 years of my life on them, together with others, far cleverer than me.

They worked, targeted stop and search.

An 83.54 % win, not perfect, but life isn't.

Who stopped it?

Theresa May.

It saved lives, black lives.

A simple fact of life, now banned.

I give up, I really do.

We are now faced with the idiot Dianne Abbott as Home Secretary.

No targeting because that is Racist,

We all get stopped and searched.

A complete waste of time.

I carry a knife when I go fishing.

It is in my box in my car boot.

It is no threat to any one.

Due to Theresa May, I am now considered as much as a threat as a . prat with a knife in the middle of London at ten at night.

Get real folks.

I am not going to stab anyone.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 01:08 PM

It's all OK... just to remind you:

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
An armed society is a polite society.
Someone with a knife is just being polite.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top