Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 07:38 PM

Come On, Admit How Tight You Are?

When you enter a pub or similar with a group of friends, are you first up to the bar asking what everyone wants to drink?

Or do you slink behind, so that you’re not first in to have to buy the drinks?

There’s always one tight one in a group, who by hook or by crook, dodges their round. You must know one of them?

So l ask, would you consider yourself, tight, generous or just middle of the road and pay your way?
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 07:41 PM

Re: Come On, Admit How Tight You Are?

As a ducks ar#e......
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 07:45 PM

I don't mind buying a round.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 07:48 PM

It's quite old fashioned in these days of austerity and minimum wage to buy rounds. It's ok if you're in a small group but when we go out in a larger group it's often a case of buying drinks in pairs etc. So your partner might pay for you etc. But hanging out with my brother and his mates who are ten years older they always pay for rounds and ladies are certainly never allowed to dip into their purse. But they are all baby boomers and are looking forward to a nice pot at retirement!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I don't mind buying a round.
Sweetie but are you first up to the bar? Or do you wait ‘til you've had a few, then offer?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

14-04-2019, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
As a ducks ar#e......
Ha! Squeaker!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

14-04-2019, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's quite old fashioned in these days of austerity and minimum wage to buy rounds. It's ok if you're in a small group but when we go out in a larger group it's often a case of buying drinks in pairs etc. So your partner might pay for you etc. But hanging out with my brother and his mates who are ten years older they always pay for rounds and ladies are certainly never allowed to dip into their purse. But they are all baby boomers and are looking forward to a nice pot at retirement!
Annie, That sounds a very political reason to buy a drink. Would they have been the same, before ‘austerity’ and not be bothered and just buy a round because they weren’t tight but liked their mates?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Sweetie but are you first up to the bar? Or do you wait ‘til you've had a few, then offer?
I am usually pushed to the front Art, they think I am rich.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I am usually pushed to the front Art, they think I am rich.
Oo everyone, night out with sweetie...she’s buying......
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

14-04-2019, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Oo everyone, night out with sweetie...she’s buying......
I would love to treat the lovely members on here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top