Join for free
Page 4 of 16 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 06:52 PM

Re: How Tall!.

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Did you say outdated,Besoeker?...
There are only two countries in the world where Imperial measures are the official system of measurements. Myanmar and USA.

The dog weight and medication was just one example. Knowing his weight in stones and pounds would mean having to do a conversion to measure out his medication.

Your BMI is in SI units. My wife likes to cook and has lots of spices. All give the jar weight in grams. Same with canned foods. Some of her creations are based on US recipes so I do the conversions. Some are more tricky that others.

We, UK, do it mostly by weight. But how much is a cup of sugar?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
There are only two countries in the world where Imperial measures are the official system of measurements. Myanmar and USA.

The dog weight and medication was just one example. Knowing his weight in stones and pounds would mean having to do a conversion to measure out his medication.

Your BMI is in SI units. My wife likes to cook and has lots of spices. All give the jar weight in grams. Same with canned foods. Some of her creations are based on US recipes so I do the conversions. Some are more tricky that others.

Besoeker,it is extremely easy to find out how much a cup of sugar is,I look online,..I also bake cakes in cup measures.
I can't see anything tricky about it.

Why doesn't your wife go online and find out the measurement for herself?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 07:03 PM

Besoeker,it is extremely easy to find out how much a cup of sugar is,I look online,..I also bake cakes in cup measures.
I can't see anything tricky about it.
How much out of a 2kg bag is that?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 07:09 PM

Buy your wife a set of measuring cups then you won't have to do the conversions.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 07:12 PM

5' 4"& shrinking.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

25-04-2019, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Buy your wife a set of measuring cups then you won't have to do the conversions.
She has a set brought with her from the US of A.
It was just a simple example.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 07:21 PM

How much out of a 2kg bag is that?

Do you mean,how much a cup is out of a 2 kg bag and what's left in the bag,...come on Besoker that is easy peasy!

I don't need to know how much it is,

Why would I?..when I bake,I don't need to know how much it is out of 2kg bag,

You are making it sound like it is very hard to learn.

I bet you any money,you make it sound difficult to your wife!.

When in reality it is so simple.

Is that how you get her to cook you all those lovely meals,
What a rascal you are,if she only knew the truth!.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

25-04-2019, 07:29 PM

Do you mean,how much a cup is out of a 2 kg bag and what's left in the bag,...come on Besoker that is easy peasy!

I don't need to know how much it is,

Why would I?..when I bake,I don't need to know how much it is out of 2kg bag,

You are making it sound like it is very hard to learn.

I bet you any money,you make it sound difficult to your wife!.

When in reality it is so simple.

Is that how you get her to cook you all those lovely meals,
What a rascal you are,if she only knew the truth!.
If the measure was given by weight, which is usually the case with UK recipes, you wouldn't need cups for measurement.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

25-04-2019, 07:33 PM

If the measure was given by weight, which is usually the case with UK recipes, you wouldn't need cups for measurement.

Eh!..my recipes,(some) are purely measured by cup,so I don't need to know the weight,.i bake a lot,I was also a cook,

If you go to the supermarket,you can pick up cups,for baking in,one cup,half a cup,etc,then you wouldn't have to work it out for your wife,.,
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

25-04-2019, 07:37 PM

I thought this thread was about how tall we are,sorry everyone way off topic!

Apologies,!

Page 4 of 16 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top