Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
anna
Norway
anna is female  anna has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2013, 12:04 AM

Lost

my dearest rottie girl last october - 11,5 years old. Must admit the house feels so empty. It is amazing how much space a dog can fill.
Have ordered a new puppy - and if everything goes well she will be here in my home at the end of april.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2013, 12:19 AM

Re: Lost

Lovely, it's not amazing how much space a Ritti can fill it's a great big dog, but I know what you mean Anna and how you feel, I lost my last 2 dogs within 20hrs of each other they were 12'5 yrs old. It took me 4 months to find Bailey, their replacement, and he's brought me lots of laughter. They all make your heart their own. Let us have photo's when he/she arrives.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2013, 01:01 AM

Anna I am so sorry to hear you lost your lovely girl

I hate the feeling of being without a dog and find the emptiness quite unbearable.

I wish you many happy years with your new puppy. Is it another Rottie . You must post some pictures.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2013, 06:19 PM

The loss of a dog in the home leaves a gigantic gap. I left it a year before replacing my last Labrador with the one I have now but you imagine them around you even though they have passed on, you see them out of the corner of your eye all the time. I do hope your new puppy will soon fill that awful gap left behind by your last lass. Good luck.
anna
Norway
anna is female  anna has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2013, 04:29 AM

Thanks all for the friendly words - and yes Moyra - the lost ones are always there in the corner of my eye. This is just the way it is - each and one of them are in my mind every day, their funny ways and their lovely and sweet manners. I really hope my next rottie will be as sweet as the ones I had before (but ofcourse this is up to me)
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2013, 11:01 AM

Am So Sorry, I know just how your feeling. This time last Year I was in your place. Your New Baby will help you through it so much.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2013, 11:47 AM

Aw bless. Your lovely lass will be running free at the Bridge but will always be with you.

That's great that you are getting a new wee puppy and wish you all the best. Hope to see piccies when you get her in April.

Take care.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2013, 03:01 PM

Best wishes to you Anna, April is a lovely time of year to get aquainted..
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2013, 09:57 PM

So sorry that you lost your dog.

When I lost my 15.5 x-breed last year, Boxing Day 2011 I couldn't believe how quiet the house was, I couldn't understand it as she was a quiet girl and then I realised I spent most of my day chatting to her or telling her what I was about to do i.e "I'm just going shopping Bronny" etc... , she left such a big hole in my heart. I miss her so much. I've now got a 2 yr X-breed who is a little more challenging to say the least!
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2013, 10:07 PM

I have lost3 super dogs in my life 2 from old age and one from hip displacia at the moment i have a 15 year old and a 10 year old foster dog so the pain is well know to me ... Feel good that you loved him and thats all he knew ... no pain of being abandonned or beaten . your new dog will be a balm to your heart enjoy and love him.....
What you said about seeing them from the corner of your eye ...I thought that was just me ....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top