Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2013, 10:24 AM

Re: Lost

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
I have lost3 super dogs in my life 2 from old age and one from hip displacia at the moment i have a 15 year old and a 10 year old foster dog so the pain is well know to me ... Feel good that you loved him and thats all he knew ... no pain of being abandonned or beaten . your new dog will be a balm to your heart enjoy and love him.....
What you said about seeing them from the corner of your eye ...I thought that was just me ....
I have been feeling a bit low lately. Family problems, I'm sure you can all relate to that. I have started to worry about losing my dog. I have nightmares about him getting lost or getting run over. He will be eight this year and you can see that he is now maturing and infact is quite a grumpy old man.

Your posts have cheered me. After all he is still young but when he does leave me I will have soooooooo many happy memories of him a happy and well loved animal who really ruled our house and we gave him permission to do so.
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2013, 07:21 PM

Hi cookiecate

I used to have these worries with my last dog - since losing her (December 2011) I now realise that as she started to show signs of getting old I started to grieve for her. Losing her for real was still devastating but not a shock.

I talk about her all the time - I think of her often and constantly compare her to my new dog, it'll be years before he lives up to her!

I think it's because we know we are going to lose our dogs - we might go before our partners and hopefully will go before our children - but dogs, we are sure to lose them before we go.

You're quite right to love and indulge your grumpy old man in the present

Sandy

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
I have been feeling a bit low lately. Family problems, I'm sure you can all relate to that. I have started to worry about losing my dog. I have nightmares about him getting lost or getting run over. He will be eight this year and you can see that he is now maturing and infact is quite a grumpy old man.

Your posts have cheered me. After all he is still young but when he does leave me I will have soooooooo many happy memories of him a happy and well loved animal who really ruled our house and we gave him permission to do so.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2013, 08:00 PM

Thanks for that Baxter, I think you have hit the nail on the head.
anna
Norway
anna is female  anna has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2013, 02:03 AM

Just have to tell you all - my new puppy is now born. A litter of eight on the last day of february. The breeder sent me a lovely video of the newborns and I must admit I was almost in tears when I heard their whining voices.

Now I have to think of a name to put on the pedigree, as the breeder wants us (the buyers) to choose this. It has to begin with an M - and I would love to hear from you if you have a good name to suggest.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2013, 07:22 AM

Boy or girl?
How about
Morgan
Mr Muggles
Miss-chief
Manfred
Monkee
Maybebaby
Myguy
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

04-03-2013, 10:56 AM

Marlely.......I so loved the book and film .
Macbeth.........I love the idea of calling him, it would sound really good
Merry........Just sounds nice
Mungo................Sounds like a nice dippy dog
Mia..........................My friend has a dog named Mia and she is lovely (the dog and the friend)
Munro......................................Sounds a bit sophisticated
Monday................................because you will start to love Monday.

I shall keep thinking and may return.........lucky old you to be getting a puppy. I can rememb er getting our boy and it was just the best thing ever and he is our treasure now and has us firmly around his paw although he is becoming a grumpy old git now as he is 8.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

04-03-2013, 10:57 AM

Oh Oh Marmalade of course if he is the right colour and Marmaduke is another. gosh I better stop thinking or I will be here all day.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2013, 01:35 PM

One of my friends called her Black Lab Wellington, shortened to Wellie, reason being she said he was always wet, black and smelly. We have other friends with 2 English Setters, they are named Marks and Spencer.

Some dogs I have known with M names:

Murgatroyd
Muddle
Mason
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2013, 12:45 PM

Mojo... ...You'll get yours back just walking him
Menace ..... which he'll do to protect you
Muscles ... bound to be a strong fella
Magnum ,,,,, Best in class
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2013, 12:15 AM

Marv. Short for Marvel.
Mabe. Mabel.
Mist. Mister.
Mave. Mavis.
Max. Maximus.
Maddy. Madeline.
Mitch. Mitchell.
Mall. Mallory.
Mick. No need to explain
Molly. Mary.
Marc. Marcus.
Millie.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top