Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2013, 11:37 PM

Tips and tricks...

Some of these tips are quite useful but I can't figure out the one about cutting tops off plastic bottles for storage bags...

Using a dustpan to fill a bucket that doesn't fit in the sink is really clever, and I'm going to use the bread bag ties to label cords for sure.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2013, 11:55 PM

Re: Tips and tricks...

Some very useful tips there, Sue ..... it's good that we can also see what they are too...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2013, 12:10 AM

Very good Sue

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
Some of these tips are quite useful but I can't figure out the one about cutting tops off plastic bottles for storage bags...

Using a dustpan to fill a bucket that doesn't fit in the sink is really clever, and I'm going to use the bread bag ties to label cords for sure.
..You take the lid off the plastic bottle ,
...now cut the screw top neck bit off the plastic bottle.
...now pull a plastic bag through and over the neck bit and screw the lid on.
You should now have a bag you can pour small things out of.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2013, 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Very good Sue

..You take the lid off the plastic bottle ,
...now cut the screw top neck bit off the plastic bottle.
...now pull a plastic bag through and over the neck bit and screw the lid on.
You should now have a bag you can pour small things out of.
Aha! I see it now, thanks!
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2013, 12:21 PM

Some good tips there
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2013, 08:30 PM

I love the can opener for the stiff hard plastic packaging, drive you up the wall some of them would.
What would you want a nail holder for?, wouldn't the point of the nail scratch the table surface? simpler and handier to get at just leaving them on the table then the point would be lying sideways.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada

13-03-2013, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
What would you want a nail holder for?, wouldn't the point of the nail scratch the table surface? simpler and handier to get at just leaving them on the table then the point would be lying sideways.
Isn't it to hold the nail while you start to pound it in? So you don't smack your fingers?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2013, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
Isn't it to hold the nail while you start to pound it in? So you don't smack your fingers?
Oh now I see what it does AJ, but I'd still prefer to hold the nail between my fingers.
Upholsterers used to put a handful of small nails into their mouth and use a magnetic hammer, but I think health & safety put an end to that.
I think there's a joke in there somewhere if you give it some thought.
fitou143
Essex
fitou143 is male  fitou143 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2013, 09:50 AM

Just came across this web site with some useful tips on. Do you have any of your own you could add to the list

http://www.theboredninja.com/picture...ul-life-hacks/
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

11-04-2013, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by fitou143 ->
Just came across this web site with some useful tips on. Do you have any of your own you could add to the list

http://www.theboredninja.com/picture...ul-life-hacks/
Some of those tips are quite useful.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top