Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2013, 04:10 AM

Re: This is amazing

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
No Pats I was yer London girlie, Tottenham Royal, Empire, Leicester Square,
Ilford Palais, Walthamstow, I even met my first husband at the Empire Leicester Square when he asked me to dance.
What wonderful memories you must have!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2013, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
It was all modern dancing for me and when the lights were low and the dance was slow then smooching was on the cards. I used to go to an over forty club at one time with a chap much older than me he must have been all of 28 and we jived and jived it was just dreamy. We danced to everything, big band, rock n roll even slow balads we danced to them all.
Yep - we had so much choice to dance to ! did 'em all
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2013, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
She's just showing off with her toy boy
You my laddie are just jealous. Just like me.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2013, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
What wonderful memories you must have!
I have Annie just sitting here thinking about it brings a smile to my face. This was in the sixties and things were soooooo different. I used to hear my dad talk about the good old days be his old days were not good. However, I think the sixties were magic and we people who were lucky enough to live those years will never get old.

But, not to detract from this lady of 94 she really is wonderful
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

29-03-2013, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by maggis ->
Thanks for sharing CC that was lovely ,I also watched Jamie Pugh singing
'Bring him Home' on the same clip, brought tears to my eyes it did
I always cry when I hear Bring him Home and that old lady is thirty years yep thats thirty years older than me and she is beautiful. (Maybe she didn't have kids)
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2013, 01:32 PM

and maybe it was just the most amazing day in her life, bless her!
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

29-03-2013, 02:03 PM

Yes indeed maggis, she was 26 during the second world war imagine all the changes that lady has seen and had to get used to.. I find the new mobile phones and their apps hard to get my head around.
SOUL DJ
Hants. UK
SOUL DJ is female  SOUL DJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2013, 10:15 AM

I loved that, wonderful! Thank you.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

30-03-2013, 10:32 AM

Whatever turns you on I suppose. If the old lady likes dancing and it keeps her active, it is a good idea. I have never danced in my life, never wanted to.

I know a 96 year old lady who still walks miles every day and knits jumpers etc for less fortunate people in third world countries.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

30-03-2013, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
Whatever turns you on I suppose. If the old lady likes dancing and it keeps her active, it is a good idea. I have never danced in my life, never wanted to.

I know a 96 year old lady who still walks miles every day and knits jumpers etc for less fortunate people in third world countries.
A lot of old people still walk around and look after themselves and that is great, many elderly folk also knit, I have been known to do it myself but dancing is a skill and this lady still has 'it'

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top