Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

30-03-2013, 04:56 PM

Re: This is amazing

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
A lot of old people still walk around and look after themselves and that is great, many elderly folk also knit, I have been known to do it myself but dancing is a skill and this lady still has 'it'
Bully for her, lots of people have more useful skills, I don't see what that old woman is doing is so special.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2013, 10:41 AM

When I watch this I feel so sad that the arthritis means that I am not at all agile. I love to dance and this lady can certainly dance, she is just amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=8LOdmka4_90
Oh wow Cookie - that is amazing, good for her! I wish I could dance like that but my husband had two left feet

It is sad what the human body does to us but you have some wonderful memories - memories a lot of people won't have that they can cherish when their time comes Cookie - so don't feel to down: better to have had and lost than never to have had at all (yes, I'm paraphrasing )
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2013, 11:33 AM

You are so right Ben.. I have lots of memories, some of them make me blush, some make me laugh, and some make me wish I had realised then how happy I was.

My biggest grouch about the Arthur Ritis is that it makes me feel old when my mind is still young. The only good thing is that I get attention from people as I shop, they are helpful beyond belief. I often get smiles from people who don't usually smile. I was sitting on some steps waiting for my husband, my knees were knocking at the time. This gentleman passed me on the steps turned gave me a huge smile and a kiss can you believe this?

Sometimes it makes me sad but this time I am going to know how happy I am.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2013, 11:41 AM

I'm glad you have happy memories Cookie - I sometimes think they are the only things of real value that we carry with us because they can neither be bought or sold and they are unique to each person; a real treasure. I think we all wish we could have known we were as happy as we were but hindsight is a very selfish attribute - what's the point of knowing after the event!

Arthritis shouldn't make you feel old - children can get arthritis so it isn't something that just afflicts the elderly; maybe it's more the incapacitation that makes you feel that way. It's lovely that you pointed out such a great positive though: without your arthritis, would those people have bothered to be so pleasant? Maybe not but they were and think of how that show of pleasantness made you feel

It is only natural to feel sad about lost abilities and it happens to all of us. I was an avid swimmer, I would swim 4 or 5 times a week and never less than 50 non-stop lengths but after damaging my thigh whilst digging, I haven't been able to swim for 2 years and can't swim again as it will aggravate it. But I'm aware that not many people could swim the length I could and that got me chatting to people that I probably wouldn't have chatted to. The pool attendants would see me walk in and rope off a lane for me - that used to make me smile. Life gives and takes away Cookie - keep your eyes peeled for the next gift it gives you and don't miss the opportunity when it comes
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2013, 01:12 PM

Oh Cate - know how you feel gal - dancing was my passion - just have to watch now... Arthritis - severe nerve damage, vertigo - the list goes on. So, we have to seek out the things that make us happy. This forum is one for me as well as nature and most of all - MUSIC
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2013, 01:46 PM

I love music all kinds although not to keen on classics or opera. Love to read, and play games on my phone (how sad is that)? I love watching films on television and of course hubs loves football and has taught me the rules so I can enjoy it too.

Enjoy taking our dog out there are some lovely beaches around about. I make my jam and marmalades which bring lots of compliments and satisfaction. I like Facebook although it is getting a bit much now, I don't know who half my friends are and of course the OFF which is a delight, over the years I have met some lovely people some of them I am still in contact with although they are not on the boards anymore.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2013, 01:50 PM

There ya go gal - you have yer 'happy things' too....
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

08-04-2013, 11:17 AM

I love music all kinds although not to keen on classics or opera.
]

Agreed - I've never really liked classical or operatic music.

Love to read,

Yep

and play games on my phone (how sad is that)?
Err, hang on - I play computer games and it's great fun! How many people can not only fight Ice or Fire Golems like I can but beat them as well! (the trick is to have a fire and ice elemental with you to perform a counter-attack, just a little trick of the trade I'm passing on to you). How many people can build successful settlements whilst being constantly attacked? I can - so when the world needs defending against all these things, I'm yer man (well, woman) and I can spot the Golden Child in a pond full of fish!

# I love watching films on television and of course hubs loves football and has taught me the rules so I can enjoy it too.

Enjoy taking our dog out there are some lovely beaches around about. I make my jam and marmalades which bring lots of compliments and satisfaction. I like Facebook although it is getting a bit much now, I don't know who half my friends are and of course the OFF which is a delight, over the years I have met some lovely people some of them I am still in contact with although they are not on the boards anymore.
So, when you think about it, you are a complex person with many interests and not all bordering on the same as what everyone else does. Life can be great can't it
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

08-04-2013, 05:41 PM

Tis true I am a wonderment forgive the way I speak at the moment watched Shakespeare on telly last night and have been all of a dither ever since.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

08-04-2013, 05:48 PM

What light doth shine bright on this forum - Tis the fair maiden - Cookie Cate.... Dont hide yer light under a bushel gal....

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top