Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2013, 01:45 PM

Things you want to ask

Just recently I have noticed a lot of our forum friends are from different parts of the world. There are questions that I would love to ask but in the middle of a thread particularly a game or something more serious I don't like to go off topic.

Pixie and Annie Jack come from Canada
Maggis is from Southern Australia
Bettyespania you guessed it comes from Spain
We have Benvarrey from Isle of Man
and Mindbender is fromWestern Australia.

We also have others who I have not mentioned and for that I apologise, but even people from the North and South of England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland all sometimes want to ask a question I am sure even if it is something like 'Whats the weather like?'

I would love to ask our friends from Australia are the spiders and creepy crawlies such a big deal?

Betty in Spain do you ever get fed up with eating Spanish food and drinking wine and does the sun always shine?

Benvarrey do you like people in Blackpool not look forward to the hoardes of visitors who take over the beaches and bars?

Annie Jack and Pixie is Canada as clean as I imagine it to be?

Of course one day I will get around to asking about their crime numbers and water bills but at the moment do you think this would be a good thread?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2013, 02:26 PM

Re: Things you want to ask

Well I'd like to know the answers Cate - good thread, hope we get the answers.... I know our Karen will oblige .....
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2013, 02:53 PM

Good idea
ask me about the NEW FOREST
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2013, 03:41 PM

Good thread Cate, this should be interesting

I'll add a few more overseas names to your list ......

Spain - Clumsy

Eastern Europe - Losos

Australia - Bruce and Mari41

Norway - Norway (Graham) and Anna

Tasmania - Jaywalker

USA - Marcus, Winter Rose and Mom55

France/England - Nobaggage
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2013, 04:46 PM

Super smashing great. Really want to hear some interesting stuff about you. Jaywalker in Tasmania how I wonder if you have ever met a Tasmanian Devil? Tasmania really sounds exotic is it? Thanks a lot Mags.

People of the USA I used to live there in the 80s looking back that must have been the good old days, are things difficult over there?

Graham and Anna what is it like weather wise in Norway at the moment?

Nobaggage is France suffering the same difficulties as some other countries in Europe?
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2013, 05:27 PM

well if you ever want to know anything about IPSWICH UK let me know ....I may even post a picture or 2 or if you like you can find out a lot if you go here
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ipswic...06966512774405
I dont know if you need a facebook account to veiw it but you can try....
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2013, 06:29 PM

In case anyones interested... Not all welshmen can sing lol!!!!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2013, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
In case anyones interested... Not all welshmen can sing lol!!!!!
'Well I never '
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2013, 06:54 PM

Sorry Cassie not going there!
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2013, 07:04 PM

Cookiecate this should turn out to be an interesting thread.

Yes France like the rest of Europe is suffering many out of work and high prices for everything not many cheap prices in supermarkets, but what I do like is that veg, fruit and healthy stuff especially if its French are cheaper than snacks, ready meals and rubbish foods... Also (I can only talk for my area) people here arnt afraid to recycle and help each other out. for instance here in my village when you finish with a fridge , washer or other white goods you take them to a shed here not just dump it... and when the 2 council men who work for the Marie (village mayor) have nothing else to do they fix them if they need it and they are left for people in the village to take who cant afford to buy. Same with furniture and building stuff. Vegtables are shared among neighbours and the village hunters give away joints of meat to the residents. Ever one shares there tractors to help others and other equipment you are never made to feel like you owe anyone any thing you just help where you see it is needed. People dont seem to turn blind eyes to others who need help here ...I really like that. At the moment my goat has escaped and is pottering around the village impossible to catch but one by one each neighbour has tried to catch it for me. I could not see any of the above happening in my village In Cornwall.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top