Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2013, 09:55 AM

Re: Winter

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
My favourite pastime is, on those rare warm summer evenings, to sit out in the garden with a bottle of red wine until it gets dark.......lovely. What do I miss about winter? Nothing.
Not even not having to cut the grass?
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2013, 09:57 AM

There is nothing I will miss about Winter. I'm a sun worshipper
And I love my garden, weeds and all. I find pulling weeds very therapeutic. I know, I'm sad
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2013, 09:59 AM

I do work in Cheltenham Ben and we have just had the Cheltenham Races where you could see all the Ladies and Gents wandering round town in their finery, it is always lovely to see, dont know how on earth they walk in those shoes though. Thats the ladies.
I hope it is not too cold after your dogs have their winter coat clipped
We used to have a patio heater but never used it, we are well protected where we live and have a quite a sun trap.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2013, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
There is nothing I will miss about Winter. I'm a sun worshipper
And I love my garden, weeds and all. I find pulling weeds very therapeutic. I know, I'm sad
My husband felt that way about weeding mesco - he even looked really chilled out when he was doing it as well!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

09-04-2013, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
I do work in Cheltenham Ben and we have just had the Cheltenham Races where you could see all the Ladies and Gents wandering round town in their finery, it is always lovely to see, dont know how on earth they walk in those shoes though. Thats the ladies.
I hope it is not too cold after your dogs have their winter coat clipped
We used to have a patio heater but never used it, we are well protected where we live and have a quite a sun trap.
Do you not go to the races shirley? Would you dress up for it if you did? I think I might enjoy a little tottering around dolled up to the nines!

Did the patio heater do any good? I've never worked out how they can heat a space if the space can escape in all directions!
Grouse
planet earth
Grouse is male  Grouse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2013, 10:49 AM

When is Winter going to depart, when i rule the world Winter and Summer will be banned, 5 months of Spring followd by 7 of Autumn.

ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

09-04-2013, 11:26 AM

No summer Grouse? (Is that the shooting season then?)
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

09-04-2013, 11:29 AM

I don't think there is anything about winter which I miss when it is no longer upon us. I like spring best, summer is ok providing the temperature doesn't go much above 70F.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2013, 02:23 PM

I prefer Spring and Autumn.... loverly...
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2013, 02:53 PM

I will miss blue tits of one kind but not the other!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top