Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2013, 04:47 PM

Re: Winter

Sorry for calling you Ben i forget that some people have forum names.

I know what you mean about the patio heaters i could never work this out either, unless you sit directly under them??

I have never been to Cheltenham races but we used to go as a family with my parents to the races this was a great day out, mind you i am talking a long time ago now. I used to love watching the horses as they walked around the paddock and picking the best one out that i thought would win. I was not a good picker as they were usually still running the next day.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2013, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
You will miss the dark nights?
Yes - my parrots are quiet during the winter nights because of the blinds and curtains being closed early - in summer with the light nights they do make a noise - Soochie yacks on and on and PJ makes all the noises of pigeons, seagulls etc

orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 10:08 AM

I will not miss anything about winter. It has been soooo long this time, and I don't like the cold. And now after two years in my current home I'm hoping that this summer will be the turning point for taming the jungle that I inherited from the previous owner.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
Sorry for calling you Ben i forget that some people have forum names.

I know what you mean about the patio heaters i could never work this out either, unless you sit directly under them??

I have never been to Cheltenham races but we used to go as a family with my parents to the races this was a great day out, mind you i am talking a long time ago now. I used to love watching the horses as they walked around the paddock and picking the best one out that i thought would win. I was not a good picker as they were usually still running the next day.
No problem about the name Shirley - I'll answer to pretty much anything

I've never been to a big race day but I imagine it to be a rather grand affair, full of pomp and ceremony. I've often thought about going but if it isn't like I imagine, that would spoil the image. I'd be the same as you in 'picking a winner' - if the horse was nice looking, had nice eyes and a nice temperament, that would do for me
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Brandykins ->
Yes - my parrots are quiet during the winter nights because of the blinds and curtains being closed early - in summer with the light nights they do make a noise - Soochie yacks on and on and PJ makes all the noises of pigeons, seagulls etc

Oh I see - your ears get assaulted in the lighter nights Aww poor Brandykins - do they respond to a loud 'shush'? (my dogs will when they start barking). I've never had a parrot but I used to take my children to visit one that lived at a local garden nursery; you'd walk in and when he saw you he'd say 'hey, come here' so you'd go over and he'd cock his head and look at you and say 'how are you then' followed by 'where's Patricia gone, the car' so funny. I know he's only repeating things he's heard but it was still very funny to listen to him.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

10-04-2013, 10:53 AM

On one of my daily walks I pass a semi where a dog is standing on a sofa in the front window constantly barking loudly. If I was the neighbour I wouldn't put up with it, I would expect action to be taken, or take it myself!
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2013, 09:03 PM

How can I miss winter when it won't leave? Our forecast is for a storm of ice pellets and freezing rain overnight, with warnings that it may be heavy enough to bring down branches and knock out power lines.

Fortunately I'm house-sitting at my sister's til Sunday and there are 2 wood-burning fireplaces here as well as a lovable dog to share the hearth with.
Grouse
planet earth
Grouse is male  Grouse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2013, 10:03 PM

http://youtu.be/Yg_dsk7u26A
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2013, 10:20 PM

I always miss the naked trees. In the winter you can see the shape of the trunk, branches and their silhouette at sunrise or sunset. In the summer they're green blobs.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2013, 12:23 AM

Lovely photo Warlyron. I won't miss anything about Winter. I too like Spring and Autumn best.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top