Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2013, 12:08 PM

Re: Winter

Originally Posted by Grouse ->
http://youtu.be/Yg_dsk7u26A
I used to really like Lindisfarne and he had such a lovely voice. Very true words in that song too.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2013, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by warleyron ->
I always miss the naked trees. In the winter you can see the shape of the trunk, branches and their silhouette at sunrise or sunset. In the summer they're green blobs.
That's a beautiful photo Warleyron.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2013, 05:59 PM

Thank you, as you can see the sunset can be seen though the branches at the top and the outlines of the trees in the distance.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

12-04-2013, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by warleyron ->
Thank you, as you can see the sunset can be seen though the branches at the top and the outlines of the trees in the distance.
That's what I particularly liked about it. My granddaughter has taken some (she knows I like sunsets) so if they're good, I'll post them on here. I've even been known to be down the beach before sunrise (with the dogs, I'm not barmy!) so that I can sit on the beach and watch the sun come up. Such a lovely time of day.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2013, 09:53 AM

Winter , we have just had our first day and night without frost since mid December. Winter is beautiful when the snow comes, but the trouble here is , the snow is so lazy it just lies there, doest even move about, then it gets temperamental and gets hard daring you to kick it and break your toe, BUT it is going to get a rude awakening today, torrential rain forecast, that will liven it up.
Spring will arrive one day in May, with all the wonderful smells of growing things and singing birds. We will then say , "I cant imagine all this covered in snow" mass activity in the garden before summer throws itself at us with the sun streaming through the bedroom window at 3am. Then the winter never existed.
Grouse
planet earth
Grouse is male  Grouse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2013, 10:38 AM

Norway are you getting the Aurora at the moment, as there has been a rise in sun activity. It was supposed to hit yesterday. ?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2013, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
Winter , we have just had our first day and night without frost since mid December. Winter is beautiful when the snow comes, but the trouble here is , the snow is so lazy it just lies there, doest even move about, then it gets temperamental and gets hard daring you to kick it and break your toe, BUT it is going to get a rude awakening today, torrential rain forecast, that will liven it up.
Spring will arrive one day in May, with all the wonderful smells of growing things and singing birds. We will then say , "I cant imagine all this covered in snow" mass activity in the garden before summer throws itself at us with the sun streaming through the bedroom window at 3am. Then the winter never existed.
It must be good to know you are nearing the end of your long winter at last, Graham
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2013, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Grouse ->
Norway are you getting the Aurora at the moment, as there has been a rise in sun activity. It was supposed to hit yesterday. ?
We havnt seen any here where we live , although some people on the coast have seen some.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2013, 12:03 PM

Afraid I won't miss Winter either, I'm a real cold tattie and I'm often miserable in the Winter.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top