Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2013, 09:37 PM

Re: good and bad day

OK after taking some advice and looking at all the pros and cons about the self employment side of the job , I have been told it could be very complicated and risky..after what happened with my ex company before , it could happen again which means I would literally be left high and dry ...I would be paying out with nothing coming in, and would not be able to sign back on again for so many weeks ...I have put this towards my ex boss and he is going to investigate possibility of a short term rolling contract, which would be better for me i would be working getting a fixed wage and i could still look for work ....so watch this space .....oh by the way I wish i could shift this cough and cold .....
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2013, 09:46 PM

Fingers crossed for you Steve - good that you're doing some research into the pros and cons. Contract work sounds like a better arrangement.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2013, 09:02 AM

I'm glad you've reconsidered your options Steve - makes sense what you say. So difficult trying to find a solution - just keep positive. All the best...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top