Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2013, 04:56 AM

Happy Friday Folk.

[IMG]
[/IMG]Teazels. Didn't get any gardening done yesterday as it was drizzling for most of the day.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2013, 05:51 AM

Re: Happy Friday Folk.

Good morning again Alan. Teasels never had them in my garden but good for birds with their seeds. Going to be boiling tomorrow (slight joke there) its going to be about 12 to 16 degrees. Windy and raining but hey ho, better than Siberia
Still havent done any gardening so dont worry it will be still there tomorrow. Take care all and have a nice day.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2013, 07:25 AM

Good Morning all
Blimey is it Friday already another week gone they just seem to fly by.
I got out and made a bed for my courgettes in a bank that I never use but it get full sun. It took ages to dig and weed it , then I lined it with big stones and sifted the soil.... it rained heavy last night so should be ready to plant them out this morning as they are not enjoying living in pots.
Have any of you gardeners heard of not putting courgettesa and melons near each other in a veg garden ? I had some beside each other in the pots and my neighbour who has a wonderful garden each year , saw them and told me to seprate them and have them on either side of my garden as not good together ....but thats as far as my limited french understood why ...Im not sure ? Maybe they give each other a leave mould ?
Depending on the weather Im going to do some more work on that bank today as I realised the soil was in great condition, and its a prime sunny place so any other Ideas of what would grow well on a slope please?
Also has any one ever grown peas upside down ? instead of trying to get them to grow up a pole would it work if you grew them on top of a wall and let them trail down it ?
Have a great day all....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2013, 09:06 AM

Good morning Alan, Karen and Baggy and those who follow

A grey and wet day here but it's quite mild..... not exactly a gardening day

Nothing special planned other than the usual housework, have to make a trip to Sainsbury's later too.

I hope all the 'unwell' people are improving and starting to feel better... *hugs*

Enjoy your day and weekend ahead everyone!
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2013, 09:06 AM

Good Morning all.
We had Teazels in the garden we had in Wales.

Had a better night sleep until 6.40am, in the 2 hours since my cough has been making up for lost time!!
I think it is back to normal coughing now, and I have developed a cold sore, used to get a lot of those in my youth, but these days hardly ever have one. This is my second in 2 months.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2013, 09:19 AM

Morning everyone, thick fog here but mild at +7deg C. for a change. Just off out to do a few odd jobs for my Mum before lunch of smoked haddock and poached eggs...

I used to get lots of cold sores as well Valerie, but like you hardly ever now...

Have a good day folks

Barry
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2013, 09:43 AM

Good Morning everyone, Well I suppose we should complain about the rain really for at least it is appropriate April weather at last! Have a good day all.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2013, 09:47 AM

morning
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2013, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by valice ->

Had a better night sleep until 6.40am, in the 2 hours since my cough has been making up for lost time!!
I think it is back to normal coughing now, and I have developed a cold sore, used to get a lot of those in my youth, but these days hardly ever have one. This is my second in 2 months.
Pleased to hear you had a better night, Val.
I woke at 2am and didn't get back to sleep ~ coughing, sore throat and I'd bitten my tongue

I think this cough medicine might actually do the trick, eventually ~ Pholcodine
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2013, 10:12 AM

Good morning all.
Another grey wet day, it is pouring with rain. I've no idea what I'm doing today - I feel quite lethargic this morning, so I'm not planning to do much.
Hope you all have a good day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top