Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2013, 08:55 AM

Life's Dreams

What dreams in life, that you had, have you achieved?

What dreams are still on your to-do list?
Grouse
planet earth
Grouse is male  Grouse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2013, 10:22 AM

Re: Life's Dreams

Always fancied myself as a muscician, if i was a band i would be.

Captain Beefheart vocals, Manuel Gottersching guitar, Jannik Top base, Christian Vander drums, Edgar Frose keyboards, Eno electronics.

Sadly my attempts at playing are on par with a tin of spam, ive never achieved anything really, just drifted through life.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

13-04-2013, 10:59 AM

When I was a child I wanted children, I had no other dream. I remember thinking when I was about twelve I would also have to have a husband in order to achieve that aim. I wasn't keen on the idea as boyfriends weren't on my agenda at the time. Away I was fortunate I met my husband to be when I was 15 even though I still wasn't that interested in having a boyfriend. Anyway our relationship seemed to work, even though it was conducted by letter and phone, as he lived in the UK. We married as soon as he finished university four years later. We planned to have three children of our own and adopt one with special needs. We had three of our own and adopted two with special needs. Apart from wishing my husband wasn't now disabled I don't think I would change anything about my life.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2013, 11:02 AM

I planned to retire at 50, I actually retired at 47.

I planned to go up in a glider & had an offer when I was 60, I had to turn it down because I couldnt climb up into the cockpit, I had gone off the idea anyway.

My dearest wish was to serve dozens of cups of ready to drink tea from an enormous enamel teapot, laid out on a worktop. Pouring in a side to side careless manner . Cups to be without handles are fine. Still unfulfilled.

I saw "Big Kate" serve thus in a staff canteen to the apprentices. Her forearms wobbled with the effort of it & the poor chaps had 5 minutes to drink it & have a fag.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2013, 01:28 PM

Hope you achieve yer dream Robert....
My only dream now is to move - not likely tho'....
Having watched 'Sewing Bee' on TV - I 'wish' I had taken an interest in sewing - would love to make me own clothes, really admire tailors - it all seems so tricky....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2013, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Grouse ->
Always fancied myself as a muscician, if i was a band i would be.

Captain Beefheart vocals, Manuel Gottersching guitar, Jannik Top base, Christian Vander drums, Edgar Frose keyboards, Eno electronics.

Sadly my attempts at playing are on par with a tin of spam, ive never achieved anything really, just drifted through life.
I'm with you on this Grouse - I used to sing in a band called ourselves 'Guv'nor'....
They were fab musicians but all had very good jobs - no ambition. Therefore I needed to play keyboards and get on with it meself, damn - just never mastered it
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2013, 01:53 PM

Grouse, it's BASS, not BASE - and I'd have Jack Bruce playing it - and Joe Bonamassa on guitar.
As for dreams... while I'm not religious, I believe that somewhere in the bible (Acts or poss. Joel) it says
" your old men will dream dreams,
your young men will see visions."

I generally have nightmares!
Grouse
planet earth
Grouse is male  Grouse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2013, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Grouse, it's BASS, not BASE - and I'd have Jack Bruce playing it - and Joe Bonamassa on guitar.
As for dreams... while I'm not religious, I believe that somewhere in the bible (Acts or poss. Joel) it says

Typo sorry , pedantry is alive and well BTW Bruce is ok Top was a master, and get your own band stop interfering with mine.

Who`s this Bonamassa geezer anyway.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2013, 04:12 PM

I dreamed of getting A'levels, got equivalent in life drawing, at 56.
I dreamed of finding a decent husband/partner, nothing fancy, just someone to laugh with, who would look after me! Still not found him!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2013, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->

JOEL.2 v28
"And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions"

ACTS 2 v17
"'In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams"

DANIEL 2 v17
"As for these four youths, God gave them learning and skill in all literature and wisdom, and Daniel had understanding in all visions and dreams."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top