Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2013, 09:21 AM

Re: Happy Wednesday Folk.

Meant to say Sandy, quizzes exercise the brain - nothing lazy in that
And love the buttercups Alan, very cheerful
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2013, 09:24 AM

Morning everyone
Dull, dark and gloomy here today. Hope it cheers up for later, we have been spoilt the last two days with bright sunshine.
Enjoy your day whatever you have planned.
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2013, 10:27 AM

Good Morning all, a damp start to the day here.

Got a disturbed night last night, and not from the coughing.
A step cousin (age 90) of OH's rang about 3 am to say he had fallen, and couldn't get up, so OH had to go out to him about 3 or 4 miles away. He rang again while OH was still on the way, and meanwhile had rung up a carer he has, another local friend, 999, and the paramedics.
OH, on learning that a paramedic was on the way decided to leave him to be checked, but was at least able to let the person in. He was ok, the ambulance team arrived, and he was insisting on being taken to hospital even though there was nothing wrong, and then refused to go when it wouldn't be to the hospital of his choice. Then he was wanting to phone his doctor.
The paramedic told him off, when he was wanting to ring everyone up again to let them know how he was, saying didn't he have any consideration for waking others, but he said he was the most important.
Attention seeking.
The other friend/carer had both promised to call in this morning, to see how he was.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2013, 12:27 PM

Good morning all, nice and mild here today but no sunshine as yet, too bad because the wife bought me a new 'Recliner', that's what she calls it, she got it in the garden centre, for lazing in the garden, it's got wheels on it and you can shift it easily to catch the sun, sort of like a long wheelbarrow, or something they used during the 'Black Death' going around the streets calling "Bring out your dead." very kind of her, all I need now is the sun, or the plague., we got a good laugh out of it anyway.

That was a lot of running around for nothing Valerie, I'm glad he's OK but he ought to spare a thought for others who are every bit as important as he is.
Enjoy the day folks.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2013, 01:45 PM

A lovely sunny day here. We've been into our little local town market, sat outside a cafe and had a coffee with friends we bumped into, then home to do a few jobs, then nothing much just pottering around.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2013, 02:26 PM

Oh dear Val
90 year olds eh *rolls eyes*

My ebay printer has arrived and, as far as I can tell, I've got it set up.
Now I need ink. Going out later anyway and I should be able to get some on my way home.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2013, 02:46 PM

Hello everyone dull with a strong biting wind here.....

My daughter has just left after spending the morning with us, she brought over some cakes that our granddaughter had made yesterday - mmmm...... they were delicious and very moreish

I was relieved to see Margaret Thatcher's funeral took place this morning without any unruly displays from the idiots.

Enjoy your day everyone...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top