Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2009, 08:25 AM

Re: Not good news-Afghanistan

I'm sure it will be merz. Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts. It's a good film anyway but the subject matter, being based on the truth, is desperate
Jackie
UK
Jackie is female  Jackie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2009, 10:38 AM

Must Be a terrifying time for anyone who has a loved one over there.

I agree with others, "what are we doing there" its time I think, they will never win what ever they are trying to achieve, and come home.

Someone was telling me a story the other day... wont go into details but this chap from Iraqi wa shaving a bit of a to do with someone born here in the UK.

This chap was complaining about somethign or other, (to do with the UK and the conflict) ?the English man basically told him, if he did not like it go back to his own country and fight his own wars... instead of letting our lads do it for him!!

I have to say , one does wonder why we are fighting every ones else's wars... things will not change in any of these Countries until the civilians stand up and fight for them selves...
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2009, 02:11 PM

It puzzles me too as to why all the allies are there, the Russians got a bloody nose there in the 80's and departed, we the British were there during the days of the Indian Raj at the start of the last century and had to pack it in, remember the Northwest frontier ?

It's another Vietnam, a no win situation for us all, pull the boys out and let the Taliban get on with it, we've lost over 200 of our boys and for what ?
Jackie
UK
Jackie is female  Jackie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2009, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
It puzzles me too as to why all the allies are there, the Russians got a bloody nose there in the 80's and departed, we the British were there during the days of the Indian Raj at the start of the last century and had to pack it in, remember the Northwest frontier ?

It's another Vietnam, a no win situation for us all, pull the boys out and let the Taliban get on with it, we've lost over 200 of our boys and for what ?
God knows???

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top