Join for free
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 02:19 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

goodmorn dear sweet pea - or is that a maryellen sweet pea? xx
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 08:09 AM

....how about ''Toots''?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 08:12 AM

Is that like a Bottom Burp?
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 08:38 AM

...well,in gummy's case,it's more of a 'shart'...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 08:41 AM

Oh dear, been there, done that!
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

15-03-2019, 08:48 AM

OOPS. See,THAT'S why prune juice is good for you,spitty.

...you get to clench muscles you didn't know you had!...
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 09:55 AM

It's only words.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
well my donga fell off last week - can I keep that??
Ah, that’s sad Gummy, not to worry, look on the bright side, at least it will make you feel more comfortable in your camouflage frock.

Actually no you can’t keep it Gummy, once it cannot be reattached it must be disposed of in the correct medical manner (incinerated), besides leaving it in the fridge could be dodgy, Mrs Gumbud could get it mixed up with the baby carrots and poison yer Irish stew.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Ah, that’s sad Gummy, not to worry, look on the bright side, at least it will make you feel more comfortable in your camouflage frock.

Actually no you can’t keep it Gummy, once it cannot be reattached it must be disposed of in the correct medical manner (incinerated), besides leaving it in the fridge could be dodgy, Mrs Gumbud could get it mixed up with the baby carrots and poison yer Irish stew.
How do you know she makes me Irish stew? and do ya know how to make an Irishman stew?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 08:44 PM

As children, are we judgemental or simply curious?

As a child, I always knew my Uncle P was different, I just wasn't sure why.
As a teenager, he was always striving to keep in with the WRONG crowd.
He lived with my Grandmother and was always in trouble.

Sunday roast was a ritual when I lived in Windsor.
One week they came to us, the next week my Dad drove us to Slough.
My Grandmother was an awful cook, she was of that era, she was as the youngest of seven girls, and they had servants, so when she eventually married at 30!!!!, she must have struggled.
But I was told I had to eat what she cooked.
On the Sundays that we went to Slough, my Uncle P was on strict orders to bring the fizzy pop.
He would arrive late, and a little drunk, with no fizzy, and both my Mother and Grandmother would shout at him.
He in defence would attempt to shout back at them, but on top of his learning problems, he also had a bad stammer.
This I found very amusing, as the B word never quite came out as intended. I would try to hold in the fact that I wanted to laugh out loud.
Bbbbbbb bbbbbb bbbb then suddenly sod it, he would say!!!
Not in front of the children, my Grandmother would say, you have been down that pub consorting with yobbo's and lose women.
I had visions of what lose women may look like, let alone yobbo's.

Eventually, we all sat down to eat a greasy roast, and I have never seen anyone eat as fast as Uncle P, nor have I since.

But, I was fond of my Uncle P, and I think he was also of me.
After dinner, I would sit on his lap and give him a hug.

He was fascinated by anything to do with war, he had books and books on Tanks and Aircraft, he would try to engage me to have interest, but, I just humoured him. I would have prefered a story, but his stammer would never allow that.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top