Join for free
Page 479 of 1676 « First < 379 429 469 477 478 479 480 481 489 529 579 979 1479 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 08:05 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyn9AfcKf8A
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I am a Libra, does that help?
well looked up the qualities of a female libra until I came to :

Indecisive, Unreliable, and Naive. but not to worry I can certainly help you with all that - or maybe not - I rather like these qualities in a woman - gives me a lot of scope!!
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 09:40 AM

Aaah The confession box where verbal slappings takes place. You wince for a moment then leave safe in the knowledge you are temporarily cleansed so can risk yet another human misdemeanor at the first chance you get.

Having once worked with nuns they told me what penances they would really like to dole out because at heart like us sinners, they too are a vindictive lot with a sense of humour.

gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 10:40 AM

you call this work?? - it's just a group of men sittin on the John thinkin up things!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
well looked up the qualities of a female libra until I came to :

Indecisive, Unreliable, and Naive. but not to worry I can certainly help you with all that - or maybe not - I rather like these qualities in a woman - gives me a lot of scope!!
Nah
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 02:30 PM

We are not so crude here Gummy, we refer to Johnnies as Gallic epistles.
One could not avail oneself of protective sheaths in this country as they were banned along with Playboy magazine and the likes until the 1990’s.

That kid in the video is the spit of Dennis Waterman when he was young. Ganseys must be making a comeback I saw a white one and a blue one, I used to have a green one for Paddy’s day.

That video was very funny Solo and it brought back many memories, the last time I went to confession was the night before I got married 52 years ago.
I used to be an altar boy and all the priests knew me, Fr. Jack (flash) Kavanagh used to have a huge queue outside his box as he was by far the quickest and didn’t linger by asking you any questions, only the very old people went to the other boxes. My dad was very strict on religion and I had to go to confession once a week. One Saturday I went to flash’s box, He slid the panel back and saw me staring him in the face and says “Jimmy, can’t you see I’m very busy, get out and don’t be wasting me time”
Some priests had very loud voices and the people outside waiting could hear what they were saying, things like “You filthy beast” and “Be God your a right little Casanova ain’t yeh? yeh brazen cur” we’d all be waiting for yerman to come out to get a look at the lucky devi, you know, sort of wondering what he had that we hadn't got.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 04:18 PM

Gansey. Lovely word and far nicer than jumper.

Being born virtually on the sea shore I have always had a gansey usually made for me in the more feminine fawn rather than the navy which were knitted on 5 or more wires with complicated patterns which were memorised and passed down unwritten from mother to daughter.

The mens working ganseys were rarely washed and there was no doubt that a layer of filth would have added to the general protective effect. They did have a 'Sunday best' gansey which was worn for church and holidays.

I had cause to go to Bridlington and whilst there I made a point of looking at the Steve Carvills Gansey girl statue. As nice as it is, it is a very romanticised depiction as there is no way a mere slip of a girl could sit on the end of a quay, hold 5 wires, heavy wool and actually knit in a gale force wind with salt spray blowing in your face and half blinding you no matter how good your memory is.

A couple of fishermen mending their nets who had pointed me in the right direction to see her agreed and gave me a couple of mackerel, so all in all a good visit.

Which leads me neatly onto Gallic epistles. Nearest I can get to that is an old army ditty which was usually sung full voiced after a few San Miguels

The village prostitute was there
Sitting by the fire
Knitting contraceptives
Out of insulated wire

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 04:35 PM

Solo you did make me laugh with your youtube vid, I stole it for my thread.
You do post amusing posts, I am pleased to meet you.
Sweetie
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 06:34 PM

Just read the Kaiser Chiefs and Kenny Rogers are teaming up to release a new record, it is going to be called "Ruby Ruby Ruby, Don't Take your Love To Town".
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

08-02-2018, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Just read the Kaiser Chiefs and Kenny Rogers are teaming up to release a new record, it is going to be called "Ruby Ruby Ruby, Don't Take your Love To Town".
That was clever Spitty.

Page 479 of 1676 « First < 379 429 469 477 478 479 480 481 489 529 579 979 1479 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top