Join for free
Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 05:09 PM

Re: Self-defence for the older person

Originally Posted by Senex ->
Here's a source of instructional DVDs that might jog your memory:
http://www.canemasters.com/
None of that is necessary.

The best form of self defence, as I have posted on this forum before, is Llap Goch, the ancient Welsh art of self defence.
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2018, 09:43 AM

What about "Ecky Thump"

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Ecky-Thump
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2018, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Kev60 ->
What about "Ecky Thump"

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Ecky-Thump
Senex
California, USA
Senex is male  Senex has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2018, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Frankly I suspect a fourth year practitioner of the deadly art of Dancercise could whip both, but would likely lose to a Master of Pilates (its just such a violent art).
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 03:36 PM

unless u can act like Jason stathom forget the handling bit '

the best thing is a alarm that screams blue murder in your pocket or bag ' or pepper straight to the face ; it will cause enough confusing for a run off.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

31-10-2018, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Maddy ->
unless u can act like Jason stathom forget the handling bit '

the best thing is a alarm that screams blue murder in your pocket or bag ' or pepper straight to the face ; it will cause enough confusing for a run off.
I've heard that hair spray to the face is effective too, and perfectly legal for women (and I suppose certain men) to carry in their handbag!
Ian Haines
Merseyside, UK
Ian Haines is male  Ian Haines has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 05:22 PM

When once my path was repeatedly blocked by a man who demanded a cigarette after pointing at the one I was smoking. I saw that his t-shirt was tucked in. I donated my own lit cigarette to his quest, down inside the front of his t-shirt and pushed him to the floor. He was even stupid enough to roll over onto his front and make the cigarette burn him even more. The guy was burned enough to scream like a bitch and would think twice before doing to somebody again, especially me!

The best self-defence in the world is to be one sandwich short of your full picnic (off your hinges) and prepared to do anything, no matter how inhumane it might seem. All I ask for is that the world does not touch me, grab me or block my path, when not invited. If they do, I process them, imaginatively, and go home and watch TV. I have no conscience about it, at all.

If they hurt me, my friends, family or neighbours, I turn them into a rest-of-life hobby, and I always get to say, "Well, they started it!"
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
There comes a time in life when it may be fine to be physically fit and healthy for ones age, but if it came to it would you be able to defend yourself 'adequately' if you were set upon or even confronted in a threatening manner?

It may be okay to be big and strong, but do you have that "natural fighting instinct" to get out of potentially life-threatening situation? Or would you run and hope for the best?

Have you ever thought about some kind of self-defence class just to give you that added self-confidence to help you in a typical situation?

No I would never think about a self defence class,..if someone wants to get you,they will!...

Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top