Join for free
Page 248 of 276 « First < 148 198 238 246 247 248 249 250 258 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 10:02 AM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

I'm doing fine and have an appointment with either a CPN or someone similarly trained at 11am. I'm not seeing a psychiatrist today though.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 11:19 AM

It's nearing the time I should call a taxi to take me to my appointment but I'm feeling a little nervous. Partly its just my panic disorder but the other part is that I'll have to outpour my feelings to somebody new to me. Still, I'll manage and I'll have completed 4 out of 4 appointments since Wednesday.

I should probably feel a lot better once I've talked, though. I'm still of that generation which doesn't like discussing emotions. Although it's easy in forums due to not having someone right in front of me. I'm still a modern man.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

29-03-2019, 11:57 AM

I'm sat in the waiting room now.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

29-03-2019, 01:59 PM

Appointment over. I feel pretty good. The idea of having a CPN was floated but it was suggested we wait until after my transplant which isn't far off now. She was a nice lady and had a medical student with her who looked like he was in his 40s, nice too. They're going to liaise with my medical team to find out what's best and most appropriate for me. This will involve getting out of the house more though.

I told them of my delirium fears and they were understanding.

On the way home I visited an independent bakers shop and couldn't believe their chocolate eclairs were only 80p each and the one I bought was delicious. You would easily pay £3 elsewhere for this and it probably wouldn't be as good. I've resolved to go down there and see what their pies and sausage rolls are like, you know, just something to go with baked beans or oven chips. Outstanding value, I think - maybe that's why they've stayed open in the face of Gregs and Subway: good food at great prices.

And I walked all the way back home. 1 mile doesn't sound like much but it was nearly all uphill and longer than I've managed for some time. I walked the same distance back from Argos the other day but that was downhill all the way.

I feel pleased that I've got these 4 appointments out of the way, but feel like there might be a sneaky appointment to see my consultant next Thursday or around about then. I can go to NHS ECOMMS and find out if there are any letters waiting for me there.

Just checked NHS ECOMMS and the last letter there was for my cardio yesterday. So, hopefully I can spend the next 12 days or so building up my strength and learning how to relax more.

Halfway through my walk home today:

ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 02:34 PM

Ffosse this is great news! I'm so pleased for you, you're really doing well.
Stay positive and remember to pace yourself...this is hard when you're doing well, but very important!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

29-03-2019, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Ffosse this is great news! I'm so pleased for you, you're really doing well.
Stay positive and remember to pace yourself...this is hard when you're doing well, but very important!
Thanks, ruthio and of course you are right.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 03:44 PM

Great news Ffosse, you have done really well this week and achieved a lot. You appear more positive in your way of thinking and that will give you more confidence to face things in the future .
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

29-03-2019, 04:09 PM

They phoned and snuck in another appointment...to see my Consultant on Monday to go over the consent forms. For the love of Christ, I wish they would just leave me alone for a while. I'm sick to the back teeth of the hospital, anxiety attacks and taxis.

I plan on just chilling this weekend, listening to music, maybe doing some reading...I'll be OK by Monday. I may get the bus and sit up top by the front so I don't feel crowded, even though it's a trek to the bus stop.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 04:52 PM

I echo what Mags and others have said today, Ffosse. It's looking good for you at the moment. I'm loving the vibes!
Take Monday's appointment in your stride but meanwhile enjoy your weekend mate
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

30-03-2019, 03:26 PM

Thanks, Floydy - I'm enjoying a relaxing Saturday - listening to the Moody Blues and browsing the internet. Am going to have baked potatoes with cheese and onion later.

When I ordered potatoes from Tesco, I thought they would send 2 large potatoes but it turns out that the pack has 4 smaller ones so I'll be eating 2 of those instead of 1 large one.

Page 248 of 276 « First < 148 198 238 246 247 248 249 250 258 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top