Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 09:58 AM

Cyclists who ignore the rules of the road!

I get very annoyed when cyclists think the rules of the road don't apply to them. Around here some idiots ride on the pavements, jump red lights, cycle down one way roads the wrong way and cycle in a group holding up the traffic on busy roads. I was nearly totalled by a cyclist who cycled the wrong way along a narrow one way road, down which I was walking. I didn't hear him coming as he was behind me, I inadvertently walked in front of him. I threatened him with the police if I ever caught him doing that again.

I also think by law cyclists should have to wear helmets and reflective jackets.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 10:11 AM

Re: Cyclists who ignore the rules of the road!

I saw one yesterday riding the wrong way up a one way street, even though it is quite a busy road. Going the correct way would add probably 30 seconds to his journey. No doubt if he had been killed, the car driver would have been arrested for dangerous driving.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 04:10 PM

Last year I got off a bus outside my local pub and before my other foot touched the ground a cyclist sped right past me. A split second later he would have crashed into me as he only missed me by a whisker.
I shouted something beginning with F and the second word I'm certain was 'idiot!'. He waved two fingers (or possibly a 'curled around thumb and finger up and down motion'), stalled a little and shouted "Come on then!". So I started to walk towards him using my best Arnie 'carrying a telly under each arm' gait and scowl. He whizzed off down the next street and I couldn't find him. If I had, he and his bike would have metamorphosised into some kind of hybrid mutant mode of vehicular transportation.
I was ready for my pint.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 05:01 PM

It is my experience that cyclists fall into 3 categories

50% are perfectly reasonable fellow travellers who obey the rules and general common curtesies of the road. I have no problems with them at all

25% are just yobs who ride all over the place and don't respect any rules, traffic related or otherwise

25% are self - righteous middle class dickheads who think that as they are riding a bike that means the law doesn't apply to them
Malc.27
Pembroke U.K.
Malc.27 is male  Malc.27 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
It is my experience that cyclists fall into 3 categories

50% are perfectly reasonable fellow travellers who obey the rules and general common curtesies of the road. I have no problems with them at all

25% are just yobs who ride all over the place and don't respect any rules, traffic related or otherwise

25% are self - righteous middle class dickheads who think that as they are riding a bike that means the law doesn't apply to them
.....and the other 15% can't add up.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 08:26 PM

Sorry, but I generally cannot abide cyclists.
Most are just self righteous, self appointed eco warriors, who are quite often on the look out for a motorist doing something wrong, so they can give their holier than thou self righteous rant.

Bunch of lycra wearing pillocks quite frankly.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 08:46 PM

Cyclist should have training and pass a test before being on the road,also pay a small tax,just like cars,they are also dangerous,there have been fatal accidents.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Cyclist should have training and pass a test before being on the road,also pay a small tax,just like cars,they are also dangerous,there have been fatal accidents.
They should also be insured.

I had one of them jump a right light in Islington some time back. They hit the side of my car and done £400 of damage. They just scarpered afterwards. Fortunately it was a company car, so I wasn't too bothered as the company paid for the damage to be repaired.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Most are just self righteous, self appointed eco warriors, who are quite often on the look out for a motorist doing something wrong, so they can give their holier than thou self righteous rant.

Took the words out of my mouth
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->

This topic has been discussed on here many times in the past. I agree with how you feel and have done so for years, since the 'lycra lout' trend became fashionable.

I have said 'til I'm blue in the face that cyclists should have third party insurance, pay road tax (and I'm sick and tired of being informed that 'road tax' doesn't now exist) and have a means of identification.

Still nothing has happened.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top