Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 02:04 PM

Re: Cyclists who ignore the rules of the road!

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Cyclists should have registration plates the same as cars. It's ridiculous that they are anonymous. If you are cycling on a busy road then it's no different to a scooter. You should have insurance and a reg plate. I've had one arrogant lycra lout twist my wing mirror off (even though he didn't bother using the cycle lane) and another block the road with her bike and yell at me because I looked at her in a way she didn't like (she had jumped in front of my car). When I was at Uni a cyclist followed my landlady to work to pick a fight about her driving. She thought it was unbelievable. Time for some controls to be put in place. But dream on if you think that will happen.
Perhaps after a few more pedestrians have been killed by cyclists. Until then, they have carte blanche.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by SallyS ->
As a cyclist myself I agree, and I won’t move out of their way, pavements are for pedestrians not cyclists ( or cars ).
Too right. They get a swift elbow and I carry on walking as if nothing had happened
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 02:05 PM

The Police don't care.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
The Police don't care.
Lots of laws are kind of optional in practice. Following them relies on a person's conscience or good character. Most people have that luckily but a minority obviously don't.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
The Police don't care.
The police choose their own priorities! I'm old enough to remember when the police acted to support the public.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 06:29 PM

There are just too many cyclists riding on the pavement, or not having lights on their bikes, or cycling with somebody on their handlebars etc for the police to control these days. They turn a blind eye until somebody actually has an accident and then there's a dozen cop cars out there, not to mention police, fire, coastguard and RSPCA.
Most police stations are closed too. Last year when my mate had a problem with nuisance neighbours and called the non-emergency number he just got a recorded message on his phone saying dial 999 only in an emergency and the non-emergency number wouldn't even listen to him. He decided to walk down to his nearest police station, see the closed sign and walked round the back where he could see dozens of coppers enjoying cups of tea and playing cards.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

17-03-2018, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
There are just too many cyclists riding on the pavement, or not having lights on their bikes, or cycling with somebody on their handlebars etc for the police to control these days. They turn a blind eye until somebody actually has an accident and then there's a dozen cop cars out there, not to mention police, fire, coastguard and RSPCA.
Most police stations are closed too. Last year when my mate had a problem with nuisance neighbours and called the non-emergency number he just got a recorded message on his phone saying dial 999 only in an emergency and the non-emergency number wouldn't even listen to him. He decided to walk down to his nearest police station, see the closed sign and walked round the back where he could see dozens of coppers enjoying cups of tea and playing cards.
I think they must be trying to encourage everyone to take the law into their own hands!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

17-03-2018, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I think they must be trying to encourage everyone to take the law into their own hands!
They seem to be don't they, JBR?
But then when we do, we get nicked for doing so and the robbers and idiots go free. Crap isn't it?
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 09:27 PM

All we can perhaps say is that there are plenty of worse countries and situations we could have been born into.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

17-03-2018, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
All we can perhaps say is that there are plenty of worse countries and situations we could have been born into.
True, but that doesn't mean we can just say "Oh, okay then...".

That's like someone saying there's always somebody worse off than you...you still have to deal with your own problems as well.

I bet you're one of these people who still say "It's a Free Country!" Whatever the hell that means is anybody's guess.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top